Town of Lisbon: Candidates file for open seats
Filing deadline extend to this week for Fischer board seat
Town of Lisbon - Town officials have extended until Friday, Jan. 11 the deadline for individuals filing candidacy petitions who are seeking election to the town supervisor seat that was vacated last year by the resignation of Supervisor Dan Fischer.
The deadline for filing the petitions was extended because the Town Board did not establish the date of the special election until Dec. 10. State law designates the number of days municipal candidates are granted to circulate petitions for candidacy.
The special election will be held in conjunction with the April 2 municipal general election and the Feb. 5 primary election if more than two candidates seek election.
So far, no one has submitted candidacy petitions for the open seat although there are two candidates who are seeking Supervisor Dan Heier's seat on the Town Board. Heier has announced he is not seeking re-election.
Former Town Supervisor Wendry Landry, of 25172 Norwauk Road, who was also one of the leaders of the unsuccessful effort to have the town incorporated into a village, has filed candidacy petitions for Heier's seat on the Town Board.
She is likely to be opposed by Hannah Heinritz of N95 W22107 County Line Road, who was instrumental in persuading the Plan Commission to revise some of its standards for raising livestock and chickens on nonagricultural lands.
Heinritz or Landry could choose to circulate new candidacy positions to fill Fischer's seat on the board rather than Heier's, according to town election officials,
However, there are two other well-known town politicians, according to election officials, who are reportedly interested in seeking the Fischer vacancy.
Retired Town Treasurer Rebecca Plotecher and Plan Commission member Steve Panten are also circulating candidacy petitions that must be filed at Town Hall by the end of the week.
Two incumbents, Town Chairman Matt Gehrke of W277 N8664 Tamarack Road and Supervisor Joe Osterman of N51 W24181 Lisbon Road, are seeking re-election, so far, without opposition.
- Sediment closes boat ramp on Pewaukee Lake
- Capitol Drive bridge repairs to cause lane closures in Pewaukee (1)
- I.d., new restaurant in Delafield Hotel, to open mid-May
- Arrowhead facilities survey to hit mailboxes around May 9
- Victim in Monday's fatal crash on Highway 16 in Delafield identified as 76-year-old Berlin man (3)
- Crash closes Highway 16 in Hartland
- In brief: Town of Oconomowoc road projects, Neylon to meet with constituents, challenger for 5th Con
- Proposal would relax Delafield sign regulations (1)
- Video: Kettle Moraine students gain health research experience through partnership with Medical College of Wisconsin
- Pewaukee High School senior earns college table tennis scholarship