Pewaukee Chamber director resigns
Interim director steps in after Pewaukee's Eckhardt steps down
Pewaukee Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Kathy Eckhardt has resigned, effective immediately.
Eckhardt has been director since she joined the chamber in 2009.
"During her tenure she worked to grow the chamber's membership and build awareness of the many great reasons to live, work and do business in Pewaukee," said a news release from the chamber.
"We thank Kathy for her years of dedicated service to the chamber, our members and the Pewaukee community," the release said.
"Everything is business as usual," said interim Board President LaVonne Beecher.
Nancy Johns is serving as interim executive director. She said she has been serving in that capacity for a few weeks now.
"It's pretty much the same chamber, just that Kathy (Eckhardt) resigned. We're meeting as a board next to discuss that position," Beecher said.
The Chamber Board meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6. It is expected to discuss the job description and search for a new executive director.
Numerous calls to board members and Eckhardt were not returned before press time.
- Christian Education Leadership Academy celebrates construction progress in Pewaukee
- News Briefs: Indoor soccer facility
- Library hosts Victorian programs
- Cushing cousins will receive Medal of Honor
- Hearing held on Village Square apartments
- Pewaukee School District traffic a topic at village meeting
- New contract would mean an end to recyclable sorting in Hartland
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theatre hits high notes in 'Lend Me a Tenor'
- In Brief: Pewaukee Water Ski Club elects new officers
- Lake Country Now site now mobile