Pewaukee Chamber director resigns
Interim director steps in after Pewaukee's Eckhardt steps down
Pewaukee Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Kathy Eckhardt has resigned, effective immediately.
Eckhardt has been director since she joined the chamber in 2009.
"During her tenure she worked to grow the chamber's membership and build awareness of the many great reasons to live, work and do business in Pewaukee," said a news release from the chamber.
"We thank Kathy for her years of dedicated service to the chamber, our members and the Pewaukee community," the release said.
"Everything is business as usual," said interim Board President LaVonne Beecher.
Nancy Johns is serving as interim executive director. She said she has been serving in that capacity for a few weeks now.
"It's pretty much the same chamber, just that Kathy (Eckhardt) resigned. We're meeting as a board next to discuss that position," Beecher said.
The Chamber Board meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 6. It is expected to discuss the job description and search for a new executive director.
Numerous calls to board members and Eckhardt were not returned before press time.
- GoFundMe page set up for Pewaukee girl critically injured in crash
- Habitat for Humanity still wants affordable housing in Hartland (1)
- How well would you do on a practice written driving test?
- Missing Hartland teen found in Milwaukee
- Delafield cop, citizens honored
- Waukesha County Parks leader retires, leaving 25-year legacy
- Our Fair Ladies: Our list of this year's tastiest foods at the 2016 Waukesha County Fair (1)
- Pewaukee girl remains in critical condition after car-bike collision
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect