Chamber will move summer market
City of Oconomowoc - Come farmers market season, the Chamber of Commerce Saturday market will settle into a new venue. Executive Director Katie Miller said plans are in the works to move the market to the parking lot between the Depot and the shops on Wisconsin Avenue.
Miller said the chamber was readying its annual permit with the city, and Planner Jason Gallo suggested the chamber look at another space since there is a chance construction could begin in the area where the market currently meets - the St. Paul Church parking lot - near City Hall. The city has approved a memorandum of understanding with developer Jeff Seymour to pursue multiuse development Fowler Lake Village in that area.
"It gives us room to spread out and adds up to 20 vendor spots," Miller said. She said the chamber is seeking more vendors for the summer market, including artisan vendors that will be featured on certain market days.
Miller said she met with the Downtown Oconomowoc Business Association (formerly the Downtown Oconomowoc Merchants Association) and they didn't have any concerns. Miller said parking in downtown is generally a challenge and remains a concern in Oconomowoc; however, she noted that there is parking on the adjacent streets and surrounding municipal lots.
"We're only using the main part of the lot, not the spaces directly in front of Amelia's for their Saturday morning diners," Miller said. The market will occupy 55 stalls, leaving 39 available during market hours, which generally run from about 7:30 a.m. to noon.
- Hartland railroad crossings to be upgraded to establish quiet zones
- Waukesha BluesFest poster contest winner announced
- American Legion will be accepting food pantry donations during parade
- All Pewaukee voting for special election will be done at City Hall
- Kevin Keith begins tenure as Lake Country Fire and Rescue chief
- Ten new firefighters in Lisbon
- In brief: county budget, band concert, more
- In brief: offices closed, pajama storytime, blood donors sought
- On the move: June 30, 2015
- Same name, new owner for Hartland's Garden Gate Nursery