Waukesha County Sheriff's deputy on leave after Town of Delafield shooting
A 22-year-veteran of the Waukesha Sheriff's Department has been placed on administrative leave in the wake of a shooting in the Town of Delafield on Tuesday, Jan. 8.
Michael Doud, 52, was among deputies who responded to a home at N2 W31808 Twin Oaks Drive at about 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, in response to a 911 call. The caller stated that a 31-year-old man, Justin Ebbe, was suicidal and in possession of a shotgun. There were two other family members in the home at the time. The family members left the residence without incident, and were uninjured, according to the Sheriff's Department.
Ebbe failed to put down the weapon after deputies repeatedly ordered him to do so, according to the Sheriff's Department. Doud shot and injured Ebbe, disarming him. Ebbe was taken by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital, where he remains this afternoon. The department isn't releasing any additional information. Ebbe's condition was unavailable before press time.
It is standard procedure for officers to be placed on administrative leave after a shooting.
This incident remains under investigation by the Walworth County Sheriff's Department.
This incident remains under investigation by the Walworth County Sheriff's Department. Public Information Officer Jennifer Wallschlaeger said it is also typical procedure for officer-involved shootings to be investigated by a separate agency.
- In Brief: Council approves preliminary plans for memory care facility
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 99 Voter's Guide
- Help us honor veterans
- Levy increase would allow Chenequa residents to keep 'nonessential' services
- Village administrator: Proposed apartment project in Hartland would be most significant development village has ever seen
- Hartland Chamber hosts annual business trick-or-treat
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor