District Attorney: Officer was justified in recent Town of Delafield shooting
District Attorney Brad Schimel has issued a decision regarding the officer involved shooting in the Town of Delafield on Jan. 8, saying that the use of force was necessary and justified.
Police were originally dispatched to N2 W31808 Twin Oaks Drive to respond to an individual, Justin Ebbe, 31, who was allegedly suicidal and armed with a loaded shot gun. Ebbe had already fired the weapon once, while a family member was nearby, according to police. The DA concluded that police determined it was necessary to enter the residence immediately to prevent potential harm to the family member who was in the room with Ebbe.
While officers were making their way toward Ebbe, and other family members were located, they heard another family member in the same room who was pleading with him. According to police, when Deputy Michael Doud entered, he saw that the shot gun was pointed toward the midsection of the family member. Doud identified himself and ordered Ebbe to drop the weapon.
Schimel noted that not only did Ebbe refuse to drop the weapon but he also stared off into the distance and made no indication that he acknowledged the officers' presence. Doud shot and injured Ebbe, disarming him. Ebbe was airlifted to Froedtert Hospital and has since been released. There are no charges issued against Ebbe at this time.
Schimel's decision states there was an imminent danger to the family member and possibly even the deputy himself so the use of force was objectively warranted. He writes that, "Deputy Doud was privileged to use deadly force in justified defense of himself and others."
- Reel World: 'Unfriended' has too many glitches despite promise
- Lisbon exploring dog park options
- AHS robotics team heads to championship in St. Louis
- Springdale Road project has issues
- Pewaukee planners pave way for new development
- After 50 years of service, Hartland trustee still looking to give back
- Two injured, one seriously, in two-car head-on collision in Lisbon
- Former Bob Lang aide interested in buying Delafield Hotel
- Town of Delafield to hold open house on new town hall
- Lake Country death notices, April 16, 2015: Neff