Farrow takes 33rd Senate District seat
Chris Kapenga conceded the 33rd State Senate seat to Paul Farrow late Tuesday.
"I look forward to working with Chris Kapenga and serving both the 98th and 99th Assembly districts during the next state Legislature session," Farrow said. He also said he was excited about working for better education and education reform during the next session.
With every ward reporting in, Farrow carried a lead at 31,843 votes against Kapenga's 28,837 votes. Results are not final until they are canvassed.
In a prepared statement, Kapenga wrote that he wanted to congratulate Farrow in his win and said that he looked forward to continuing his service with Farrow in the state Legislature to "make Wisconsin a better place to live and work."
This election was a special primary election to fill the seat left vacant when state Sen. Rich Zipperer resigned to serve as Gov. Scott Walker's deputy chief of staff. A general election is still planned to take place in early December. No Democrat filed to run in that election, so Farrow is likely to win the seat with no opposition.
Farrow also won the race for the 98th Assembly District. If he wins the December Senate election, the vacancy he leaves in the Assembly will likely trigger a special election, possibly next spring.
The 33rd State Senate district covers the towns of Lisbon and Merton; villages of Lannon, Merton, Pewaukee and Sussex; and City of Pewaukee.
Paul Farrow (R) 31,843
Chris Kapenga (R) 28,837
- Lake Country Police Blotter 05/31/16
- I Want to Know: What are the Kiltie's hours of operation?
- North Lake commissioners delay decision on reducing fishing limits
- Legion plans stirs controversy
- Former Pewaukee administrator Tammy LaBorde a finalist for Grafton job
- Village of Pewaukee accepting applications for deputy clerk-treasurer position
- Man injured after being struck by car while walking along I-94 in Pewaukee
- Divine Redeemer Lutheran School team wins Knowledge Bowl
- Work underway on city of Pewaukee's new water tower
- In brief: Click It or Ticket