Fund set up to benefit son of Kettle Moraine H.S. grad
A fund has been set up for the son of Kettle Moraine graduate Macie Moore, who died in a car crash Dec. 7.
Shortly after the news of Moore's death, high school friends Daniel Nottling and Cheryl Dziadowicz posted on Facebook their desire to organize the fund to benefit her son, Andrew, 5.
Moore's sister, Michelle, said donations can be sent to Oklahoma State Bank, attn: Katye Fry, P.O. Box 848/2610 S Division, Guthrie, OK 73044.
Moore's Facebook page was filled with posts in her memory. Many commented on Moore's bright personality and beautiful singing voice. After the news of her death, former classmate Christy Schmidt said she always appreciated Moore's down-to-earth personality and sense of humor.
"I knew Macie in high school and got to know her best through choir. She wasn't a showy girl, not pushing to take the spotlight, so it was always a surprise when people heard her sing for the first time; her voice was breathtaking!" said Schmidt.
Moore, 31, lived in Genesee; she had graduated from Kettle Moraine in 1999. She later attended the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, where she received an associate degree. She was employed as a surgerical technician at Mercy Health in Oklahoma City.
She is survived by her mother, Mary Sayles; father, Jonathan Sayles; son, Andrew James Mooore; husband, James Moore; sister, Michelle Sorrell; and numerous other friends and family.
- In Brief: Council approves preliminary plans for memory care facility
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 99 Voter's Guide
- Help us honor veterans
- Levy increase would allow Chenequa residents to keep 'nonessential' services
- Village administrator: Proposed apartment project in Hartland would be most significant development village has ever seen
- Hartland Chamber hosts annual business trick-or-treat
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor