Game on at Delafield library
City of Delafield - It's game on at the Delafield Public Library.
On Nov. 3, the library will participate again in National Gaming Day, celebrating the fun of playing games with family, friends and other library patrons - from here and around the world.
At 2 p.m., classic board games and card games will be available to play throughout the library, said Diane Basting, the library's reference librarian. "There will also be life-sized versions of Candyland and chess to play," she added.
An array of video game systems will be available after 4 p.m., allowing gamers a more arcade-style environment with the games projected across the library walls, she said. "This year we're also having international Wii gaming tournaments during the day in which kids can play live against other kids in libraries in other countries," said Basting.
The event is from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., for library patrons ages 6 and older.
For more information, visit www.delafieldlibrary.org or call the library, 500 Genesee St., at (262) 646-6230.
- Proposal would relax Delafield sign regulations (1)
- Video: Kettle Moraine students gain health research experience through partnership with Medical College of Wisconsin
- Pewaukee High School senior earns college table tennis scholarship
- Delafield zoning changes expected; new code to encourage high-end homes
- Town officials approve lifting speed limit on Okauchee Lake for June demo event
- Cobra helicopter in North Lake to be moved to get new paint job
- Pewaukee, Arrowhead school districts named to Top Workplaces list
- In brief: Wake Up Call exhibit extended, preschool enrollment
- Complaint: Delafield man left friend to die of apparent heroin overdose (3)
- Pewaukee's CELA plans to boost enrollment, establish waiting list