Game on at Delafield library
City of Delafield - It's game on at the Delafield Public Library.
On Nov. 3, the library will participate again in National Gaming Day, celebrating the fun of playing games with family, friends and other library patrons - from here and around the world.
At 2 p.m., classic board games and card games will be available to play throughout the library, said Diane Basting, the library's reference librarian. "There will also be life-sized versions of Candyland and chess to play," she added.
An array of video game systems will be available after 4 p.m., allowing gamers a more arcade-style environment with the games projected across the library walls, she said. "This year we're also having international Wii gaming tournaments during the day in which kids can play live against other kids in libraries in other countries," said Basting.
The event is from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., for library patrons ages 6 and older.
For more information, visit www.delafieldlibrary.org or call the library, 500 Genesee St., at (262) 646-6230.
- In briefs: Collectors, hazardous waste, labor laws
- In brief: Bus trip, volleyball, St. John's
- Committee expected to nix idea of dog park in Lisbon
- Hartland police searching for robbery suspect
- In Briefs: Sheepshead, MS, Thiel
- Golden Mast public launch offers option with upcoming closure of Okauchee Lake boat launch
- The Golden Anchor is back again in Delafield (5)
- Arrowhead school board terminates lacrosse complex
- Bike paths dropped from Genesee Street plans in Delafield
- Cushing celebrations over Memorial Day weekend