Game on at Delafield library
City of Delafield - It's game on at the Delafield Public Library.
On Nov. 3, the library will participate again in National Gaming Day, celebrating the fun of playing games with family, friends and other library patrons - from here and around the world.
At 2 p.m., classic board games and card games will be available to play throughout the library, said Diane Basting, the library's reference librarian. "There will also be life-sized versions of Candyland and chess to play," she added.
An array of video game systems will be available after 4 p.m., allowing gamers a more arcade-style environment with the games projected across the library walls, she said. "This year we're also having international Wii gaming tournaments during the day in which kids can play live against other kids in libraries in other countries," said Basting.
The event is from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., for library patrons ages 6 and older.
For more information, visit www.delafieldlibrary.org or call the library, 500 Genesee St., at (262) 646-6230.
- Haass Library dispute may go to 2016
- New fire station in Delafield town raises tax levy, rates
- New park possible in Pewaukee
- Enters will not seek re-election in Pewaukee
- Prospective new owner to take over Pewaukee's Old Lynndale Farm
- Pewaukee man strangled stranger who offered to pay him for protection
- Books and Looks to close shop for good
- Town missed some Kraus court records
- Delafield Common Council debates garbage collection, taxes
- Hasslinger will not seek re-election in spring