Game on at Delafield library
City of Delafield - It's game on at the Delafield Public Library.
On Nov. 3, the library will participate again in National Gaming Day, celebrating the fun of playing games with family, friends and other library patrons - from here and around the world.
At 2 p.m., classic board games and card games will be available to play throughout the library, said Diane Basting, the library's reference librarian. "There will also be life-sized versions of Candyland and chess to play," she added.
An array of video game systems will be available after 4 p.m., allowing gamers a more arcade-style environment with the games projected across the library walls, she said. "This year we're also having international Wii gaming tournaments during the day in which kids can play live against other kids in libraries in other countries," said Basting.
The event is from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., for library patrons ages 6 and older.
For more information, visit www.delafieldlibrary.org or call the library, 500 Genesee St., at (262) 646-6230.
- Update: Shooting threat alters Pewaukee High School's homecoming plans
- Sparkle added to Pewaukee varsity cheer team
- Duchow will continue on town board
- Hartland couple creates PNUT Fund after daughters' diagnoses
- Pewaukee Schools close Friday after receiving shooting threat
- Threat closes Pewaukee Schools, cancels homecoming activities
- Chiefs say emergency responders need more pay (1)
- Lake Country Fire and Rescue to consider county fire study
- Lisbon attorney to be more visible
- New fire truck, squads part of Hartland capital requests