Game on at Delafield library
City of Delafield - It's game on at the Delafield Public Library.
On Nov. 3, the library will participate again in National Gaming Day, celebrating the fun of playing games with family, friends and other library patrons - from here and around the world.
At 2 p.m., classic board games and card games will be available to play throughout the library, said Diane Basting, the library's reference librarian. "There will also be life-sized versions of Candyland and chess to play," she added.
An array of video game systems will be available after 4 p.m., allowing gamers a more arcade-style environment with the games projected across the library walls, she said. "This year we're also having international Wii gaming tournaments during the day in which kids can play live against other kids in libraries in other countries," said Basting.
The event is from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., for library patrons ages 6 and older.
For more information, visit www.delafieldlibrary.org or call the library, 500 Genesee St., at (262) 646-6230.
- Pewaukee bakery offers gluten-free options
- In brief: Pewaukee River, Sussex library, new book
- Sussex Main Street to be closed
- Ex-Lisbon clerk Kraus seeks plea deal on credit card theft charge
- Pewaukee RiverRun still going strong after 41 years
- Village Square agreement approved
- AT&T donates to dual enrollment program
- Local business leader awarded volunteer of the year
- Paul Kanter and Clare Dundon return to Delafield town government, this time on the plan commission
- Arrowhead's new superintendent is Laura Myrah, superintendent in Whitefish Bay