Game on at Delafield library
City of Delafield - It's game on at the Delafield Public Library.
On Nov. 3, the library will participate again in National Gaming Day, celebrating the fun of playing games with family, friends and other library patrons - from here and around the world.
At 2 p.m., classic board games and card games will be available to play throughout the library, said Diane Basting, the library's reference librarian. "There will also be life-sized versions of Candyland and chess to play," she added.
An array of video game systems will be available after 4 p.m., allowing gamers a more arcade-style environment with the games projected across the library walls, she said. "This year we're also having international Wii gaming tournaments during the day in which kids can play live against other kids in libraries in other countries," said Basting.
The event is from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., for library patrons ages 6 and older.
For more information, visit www.delafieldlibrary.org or call the library, 500 Genesee St., at (262) 646-6230.
- Sports Authority now plans to close all stores
- Town of Merton to hire part-time employee to assist treasurer
- Arrowhead High School collects 831 pounds of medication at pill drop
- In brief: Pontoon boats at Oconomowoc City Beach, Zachariah's Acres a grant finalist, Oconomowoc PD
- In brief: Snappin' Ministries award, park turned over to city
- In brief: New insurer for local school cooperative, Oconomowoc seniors honored
- In brief: Pig named top workplace
- Where's roadwork taking place this summer in Lake Country? Check out our roundup of projects
- In brief: Lower speed limit, shared parking
- Hartland judge Jennifer Dorow won't seek state Supreme Court appointment — for now