Hartland businesses expand
Sjoberg Tool, Price Engineering grow facilities' footprint
Village of Hartland - Two businesses in Hartland's industrial park are planning expansions.
Sjoberg Tool, a sheet metal job shop, plans to construct a 27,400-square-foot addition to its building at 535 Industrial Drive. Owned by Emmett and Mary Sjoberg, the business has been in Hartland since 1982 and moved to its current location in 1994.
This will be the fourth time Sjoberg has expanded at its current location. The building is currently 91,548 square feet, according to the state Department of Revenue, which assesses manufacturing properties.
Sjoberg is expanding both because business has increased and because the company needs more room to go after new business, said company Vice President Jim Sjoberg. After seeing business drop off in 2008 and 2009, things began to get better in 2010, and company officials are positive about the future.
"We wouldn't spend the money if we weren't optimistic," Sjoberg said.
Price Engineering, an engineering and distribution company serving mobile and industrial markets, is planning to construct a 13,850-square-foot addition, plus a 960-square-foot open space under a canopy, to its building at 1175 Cottonwood Ave. Price has been in Hartland since 2001; its building is currently 64,826 square feet, according to information from the Village of Hartland.
The village Plan Commission has recommended for approval the expansion plans of both businesses. The Village Board was expected to consider the plans at its Feb. 27 meeting, which took place after this paper went to press.
- Highway 16 lane closure to continue through Sept. 9
- Tree dispute between city and developer
- Possible new sign laws in Delafield
- Lake Country students post strong showing on ACT
- Decision soon on controversial fueling and convenience center complex in Lisbon
- Lisbon spends $660,000 on fire engine
- Area schools, educators keep busy preparing for new year
- Pewaukee, KM Global included in Newsweek's list of top high schools
- Local runner bringing 'Girls on the Run' to Lake Country
- Waukesha shooting leads to criminal charges against Hartland man