Hey, Blake, Let's 'Talkie 'bout Pewaukee'
Country singer Blake Shelton may be talking about Pewaukee next month.
Back in 2010, he said Pewaukee wouldn't work in a country song. His YouTube channel had posted a video, part of a "take six series," called "Top 6 Words That Should Never Be in a Country Song." Each Tuesday, Shelton did a list of six words on YouTube.
Pewaukee hit No. 2.
In his YouTube video, Shelton said it was a town "evidently in Wisconsin."
But to him, Pewaukee sounds like the two things that you do in the bathroom. "I don't like that," he said in the video.
"We took that as a challenge, and Wendy Anderson from Treat Street had her nephew (Tim Angsten) step up to the challenge, and he wrote and recorded a wonderful song with Pewaukee in it," said Positively Pewaukee Executive Director Elaine Kroening.
The song, titled "Talkie Bout Pewaukee," suggests: "Hey Blake, let's talkie 'bout Pewaukee and the cheesehead way of life..."
While Shelton is coming to the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Sept. 13, he won't be able to visit Pewaukee. Really, though, he's missing the party.
The Village and the City of Pewaukee will both proclaiming Sept. 13 as "Blake Shelton Day" while Positively Pewaukee's Michelle Easton and The Pewaukee Chamber of Commerce's Nancy Johns plan to present him with plaques and a gift basket filled with Pewaukee goodies (Treat Street "Blake Shelton" popcorn, a pistol necklace from Harvest Home, wine from Two Brothers Winery, Becky's Blissful Bakery caramels and Rumchata). He'll also receive an embroidered polo from the Pewaukee Fire Department.
Shelton has been proven himself to be a versatile vocalist since his first album "Austin" debuted in 2001.
He has had 12 No. 1 singles, and his album "Red River Blue" has been has been nominated four times for a Grammy Award. His unique take on Twitter, too, with timely and irreverent tweets showcase his unique connection with his ever-growing fanbase.
He also serves as a coach on serves as a coach on NBC's hit reality vocal competition series "The Voice."
Oh, and those other five words that don't belong in a country song? According to Shelton, they are: synergy, douchebag, skankalicious, penile and badonkadonk.
- Hartland fire department open house on tap this weekend
- Pewaukee's Horizon Elementary School holding grand opening of new space Thursday
- Hartland-Lakeside/Merton joint school board meeting to address merger questions
- Hartland Marsh cleanup effort continues, but future uncertain
- Website earns three national honors
- Pewaukee police investigating 'suspicious' death
- Lake Country trick-or-treat times 2015
- In brief: parent/teacher conferences, PLTW teacher training
- Suspect in Delafield manhunt arrested after hourslong standoff
- 2015 Halloween and fall events in Lake Country