Kapenga retains seat in Assembly
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said he has many projects that he'll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he's currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
"I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I'm hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past.
"I'm disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don't see anyone doing anything about these problems except letting them get worse," Hibbard said.
Kapenga was not available for a statement before deadline.
Chris Kapenga (R) 25,861
Thomas Hibbard (D) 8,011
- Proposal would relax Delafield sign regulations (1)
- Video: Kettle Moraine students gain health research experience through partnership with Medical College of Wisconsin
- Pewaukee High School senior earns college table tennis scholarship
- Delafield zoning changes expected; new code to encourage high-end homes
- Town officials approve lifting speed limit on Okauchee Lake for June demo event
- Cobra helicopter in North Lake to be moved to get new paint job
- Pewaukee, Arrowhead school districts named to Top Workplaces list (1)
- In brief: Wake Up Call exhibit extended, preschool enrollment
- Complaint: Delafield man left friend to die of apparent heroin overdose (3)
- Pewaukee's CELA plans to boost enrollment, establish waiting list