Kapenga retains seat in Assembly
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said he has many projects that he'll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he's currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
"I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I'm hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past.
"I'm disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don't see anyone doing anything about these problems except letting them get worse," Hibbard said.
Kapenga was not available for a statement before deadline.
Chris Kapenga (R) 25,861
Thomas Hibbard (D) 8,011
- Highway 16 lane closure to continue through Sept. 9
- Tree dispute between city and developer
- Possible new sign laws in Delafield
- Lake Country students post strong showing on ACT
- Decision soon on controversial fueling and convenience center complex in Lisbon
- Lisbon spends $660,000 on fire engine
- Area schools, educators keep busy preparing for new year
- Pewaukee, KM Global included in Newsweek's list of top high schools
- Local runner bringing 'Girls on the Run' to Lake Country
- Waukesha shooting leads to criminal charges against Hartland man