Kapenga retains seat in Assembly
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said he has many projects that he'll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he's currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
"I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I'm hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past.
"I'm disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don't see anyone doing anything about these problems except letting them get worse," Hibbard said.
Kapenga was not available for a statement before deadline.
Chris Kapenga (R) 25,861
Thomas Hibbard (D) 8,011
- Warrant identifies suspects possibly tied to death of Colton Sweitzer
- Lisbon, Sussex officials meet, again
- Business partners recognized for heroism
- Pewaukee Fire Department seeks accreditation
- Paul Kanter, Clare Dundon bow out of Delafield town government after 20 years
- Pewaukee planners keep sports complex development moving
- In brief: Pewaukee manufacturer expansion
- In brief: Thumbs up to pop-up garden center
- Hartland plan commission OKs plans for new carwash
- Treat Street Popcorn leaves Pewaukee for Brookfield (1)