Kapenga retains seat in Assembly
Chris Kapenga (R) wins the 99th Assembly seat with all wards reporting in.
Waukesha County shows 25,861 votes for Kapenga and 8,011 for his opponent Thomas Hibbard (D).
Hibbard said he has many projects that he'll turn his attention to now that campaigning is over, including a book that he's currently working on. He also said that if the Democratic Committee asks him to run again in the future, he would consider it.
"I feel we ran a good campaign and achieved some things for Democratic candidates in the future. I'm hopeful that the days of one-party elections in Waukesha County are a thing of the past.
"I'm disappointed by the results, but I congratulate Chris Kapenga on his victory. I still say that there are a lot of problems in Southeastern Wisconsin and districts similar to Assembly 99, and without the environmental ideas of the Democrats I don't see anyone doing anything about these problems except letting them get worse," Hibbard said.
Kapenga was not available for a statement before deadline.
Chris Kapenga (R) 25,861
Thomas Hibbard (D) 8,011
- Cushing medal may be displayed in city
- Former American TV site in Pewaukee to house electric go-cart tracks
- Remodeling to manufacturing program at Arrowhead planned
- Hartland church donates nearly 10,000 gift boxes to national charity
- 'Tis the season to be jolly and fit
- Lake Country School becomes a school forest
- Local Hindu worshippers celebrate Christmas
- Pewaukee blood donor wins trip to Packer game
- Lisbon hires Brown Deer administrator
- Food drive way behind last year