Last chance to enter annual writing contest
Contest deadline March 1
They say that a picture says a thousand words - and we want you to be the voice of one of these photos. Using one of these photos as a jumping-off point, tell us what's going on now, what led up to this point, or what will happen next.
The contest is open to all third-through eighth-grade students in public, private and home schools within the area covered by the papers of Lake Country Publications, including Hamilton, Arrowhead area, Pewaukee, Kettle Moraine and Oconomowoc school districts. The limit is one entry per student. Immediate family members of Lake Country Publications employees are not eligible for prizes.
Judging will be based on clear writing and creativity. Entries will be divided into two categories: grades three through five and grades six through eight.
Each story should be no more than 400 words. Shorter entries are encouraged. Entries will not be returned. Typed entries are appreciated. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. March 1. First place in each category will receive $100, second place will receive $50 and third place $25. Winning entries will be published in Living Sunday Lake Country this spring.
Entries must include the writer's first and last name, age, grade level, school, address and home telephone number. Winners must provide a home address and phone number along with a school photo to be used for publication. Entries should be mailed to Writing Contest, c/o Lake Country Publications, 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Hartland, WI 53029. Entries may also be dropped off at 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Hartland during regular business hours.
- Secure entrance, Discovery Lab part of improvements at Swallow School
- Pewaukee woman says trip to see Pope Francis in Philadelphia was a 'once in a lifetime' experience
- Lack of quorum by city of Delafield Plan Commission delays business openings, new home construction
- North Lake commissioners discuss reducing daily fish limits, marking sandbars
- Loaf & Jug Restaurant moving from Brookfield to Pewaukee
- Strategic vision forum members sought by Kettle Moraine School District
- Area businessman offers to finance plan to shore up Pewaukee Lake's Bill Brown Island
- Pewaukee Village Board votes to create finance director-treasurer position
- Hartland Fire Department open house on tap Oct. 10
- Pewaukee's Horizon Elementary School holding grand opening of new space Thursday