Last chance to enter annual writing contest
Contest deadline March 1
They say that a picture says a thousand words - and we want you to be the voice of one of these photos. Using one of these photos as a jumping-off point, tell us what's going on now, what led up to this point, or what will happen next.
The contest is open to all third-through eighth-grade students in public, private and home schools within the area covered by the papers of Lake Country Publications, including Hamilton, Arrowhead area, Pewaukee, Kettle Moraine and Oconomowoc school districts. The limit is one entry per student. Immediate family members of Lake Country Publications employees are not eligible for prizes.
Judging will be based on clear writing and creativity. Entries will be divided into two categories: grades three through five and grades six through eight.
Each story should be no more than 400 words. Shorter entries are encouraged. Entries will not be returned. Typed entries are appreciated. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. March 1. First place in each category will receive $100, second place will receive $50 and third place $25. Winning entries will be published in Living Sunday Lake Country this spring.
Entries must include the writer's first and last name, age, grade level, school, address and home telephone number. Winners must provide a home address and phone number along with a school photo to be used for publication. Entries should be mailed to Writing Contest, c/o Lake Country Publications, 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Hartland, WI 53029. Entries may also be dropped off at 810 Cardinal Lane, Suite 210, Hartland during regular business hours.
- Food drive makes two big changes for 2014
- In brief: Hartland village board to ban sale of "nicotine products"
- In brief: Merton tree lighting; toy drive; hockey
- Election 2015: Several municipal and school positions up for election in April
- 'Mockingjay' goes beyond the games
- Pewaukee and Arrowhead were part of the AP Honor Roll
- On the Move: Nov. 25, 2014
- In brief: Carpenters tribute concert
- Business Briefs: November 25, 2014
- Christmas tree sale to benefit Zachariah's Acres