Man accused in sex assaults seeks bail reduction
An 18-year-old Hartland man accused of sexually assaulting three teenagers is requesting a reduction of bail.
He's being bound over for trial and his bail is currently fixed at $20,000, and police have executed two search warrants in December.
The man has been implicated in at least three sexual assaults. According to the criminal complaint filed Nov. 28, the first victim was assaulted at the man's residence near Market Lane on Oct. 29. The girl told police the man pulled down her pants, pulled her backward, put his hands inside her pants and underwear, fondled her and began kissing her. She kept telling the man no, but he ultimately raped her, according to the complaint.
The same young woman later learned that a friend had also been assaulted by the man. Allegedly, in August, the second girl had been drinking at a friend's house on Manchester Lane when he took advantage of her. The complaint states that she refused, but the man forced himself on her and had sexual intercourse with her without her consent.
The police learned about an apparent third victim, another young woman who had been dating the man since 2011. She told police that she would sometimes wake up after drinking to find her pants pulled down or to find him in the middle of having intercourse. When she would confront him about having sexual intercourse with her while she was unconscious, or ask him to stop, he would tell her to "let me finish" or say "you're my girlfriend; I can do whatever I want to," according to the complaint.
The man was charged with one count of second-degree sexual assault of an intoxicated victim and two counts of third-degree sexual assault. If convicted, he could face up to 60 years in jail and up to $150,000 in fines.
He entered a plea of not guilty Dec. 14; his next court date is scheduled for Jan. 11.
- Village administrator: Proposed apartment project in Hartland would be most significant development
- Hartland Chamber hosts annual business trick-or-treat
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor
- In brief: grand reopening for Realty Executives Integrity
- Anniversaries: Oct. 21, 2014
- Intersection of Highway 83 and 18 in Wales set for full closure Oct. 24-27
- History unfolds as Hawks Inn's quilts are added to national database