Oconomowoc man charged after allegedly threatening woman with knife
A 19-year-old Oconomowoc man was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Nov. 19 in connection with a domestic dispute at a Village of Summit home involving a physical altercation and threats with a kitchen knife.
According to the complaint, officers were dispatched just before midnight where a woman was found to have an injury to her face and a cut to her lip. Reports say that her boyfriend had become upset after drinking and reading her text messages. He allegedly began to yell at her, punch the walls and slam the couch up and down. When the woman tried to leave, reports say the man followed her into the kitchen and grabbed a knife.
The man threatened to kill himself and locked her in a room where she was hiding, according to the criminal complaint. When he finally let her go, he pinned her to the wall and hit his own head against the wall, making it bleed, the complaint said. He allegedly then grabbed the knife and pointed it at the woman's head.
The complaint says that he lunged at her with the knife, and she deflected it. As she tried to run, he apparently hit her in the back of the head with the handle of the knife. She then fell to the ground and ran to the bathroom where she locked herself in, but the man broke the door open.
He then punched the woman in the mouth, according to the complaint. The woman ran to her son's room where she reportedly locked the door and called 911. The complaint adds that the man also began banging on the door and told the woman that he was going to kill himself and said "there was no way she was going to be around to talk to (police)" because he would kill her before the cops came inside.
In the complaint, police note that the man was belligerent and had a blood alcohol level of 0.127.
The man was being charged with recklessly endangering safety (repeater), felony bail jumping (repeater), misdemeanor battery and disorderly conduct (repeater). He could face charges of up to $46,000 and up to 17 years in prison, plus an additional 12 years as a convicted felon stemming from earlier charges of second degree sexual assault.
The man was convicted of second degree sexual assault of a child (from an incident in June 2011) on Sept. 26. He was supposed to appear in court on Nov. 20 but, facing new charges, he now has a preliminary hearing set for Dec. 21. Court ordered his bail revoked. His hearing is set for Jan. 9, 2012.
- Portions of Lake Country bike trail in Delafield, Pewaukee closing soon
- Hearing set for Village Square living center
- Hartland board divided over proposed walking path in Sanctuary subdivision
- Learn to ... dance, garden, safely handle a gun and more at Arrowhead High School's Learning Never E
- Winners named in Pewaukee Awards Gala
- Twitter sounds off on Arrowhead's new locker rooms
- Updated with video: Arrowhead completes $662K renovation of basketball locker rooms
- Community Briefs: February 26, 2015
- In brief: Kapenga office hours, military ball, Ag Resource Day, blood drive
- Delafield Hotel placed in receivership with $4.4 million debt to Ixonia Bank