New director at Town Hall Library
North Lake - Cheryl Schoenhaar of Waukesha is the new director for the Town Hall Library, filling the position vacated last August by Heidi Cox.
Her first day at her new job was Monday, Jan. 4.
Schoenhaar has a bachelor's degree in English from St. Norbert College in De Pere, a master of library science degree from Rosary College in River Forest, Ill., and an master's degree in creative writing from Mankato State University in Mankato, Minn. . She previously served as the media services and instructional technology manager at the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha.
Schoenhaar said she looks forward to working with the Library Board on new initiatives, including the possible development of the library's basement into a children's reading library.
"One thing that I have been very excited about is the community really values the library and wants the library in the community," she said.
She would also like to focus on events for all age groups, from social media awareness seminars for teens and "tweens" to seminars on how to retire successfully.
Schoenhaar was selected from among four finalists. .
Meet Schoenhaar at a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, in the McBroom Community Room. RSVP to the library by sending email to email@example.com.
- Lake Country food pantries busy heading into holiday season
- Hartland trustees upset over missing tile in construction of $13,000 retaining wall (2)
- Lower gas prices a welcome sight in Lake Country
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Yule Feed Families drive faces tall order in 25th year
- In brief: North Lake School seeks new AD, secretary
- In brief, Nov. 24, 2015: Kapenga office hours
- On The Move: Nov. 24, 2015
- Westbrook Church apartment project could face hurdles in Delafield
- Lake Country Bike Trail reopens following months of construction, closures