New director at Town Hall Library
North Lake - Cheryl Schoenhaar of Waukesha is the new director for the Town Hall Library, filling the position vacated last August by Heidi Cox.
Her first day at her new job was Monday, Jan. 4.
Schoenhaar has a bachelor's degree in English from St. Norbert College in De Pere, a master of library science degree from Rosary College in River Forest, Ill., and an master's degree in creative writing from Mankato State University in Mankato, Minn. . She previously served as the media services and instructional technology manager at the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha.
Schoenhaar said she looks forward to working with the Library Board on new initiatives, including the possible development of the library's basement into a children's reading library.
"One thing that I have been very excited about is the community really values the library and wants the library in the community," she said.
She would also like to focus on events for all age groups, from social media awareness seminars for teens and "tweens" to seminars on how to retire successfully.
Schoenhaar was selected from among four finalists. .
Meet Schoenhaar at a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, in the McBroom Community Room. RSVP to the library by sending email to email@example.com.
- Lisbon exploring dog park options
- AHS robotics team heads to championship in St. Louis
- Springdale Road project has issues
- Pewaukee planners pave way for new development
- After 50 years of service, Hartland trustee still looking to give back
- Two injured, one seriously, in two-car head-on collision in Lisbon
- Former Bob Lang aide interested in buying Delafield Hotel
- Town of Delafield to hold open house on new town hall
- Lake Country death notices, April 16, 2015: Neff
- Hilmot plans to move to Milwaukee