New director at Town Hall Library
North Lake - Cheryl Schoenhaar of Waukesha is the new director for the Town Hall Library, filling the position vacated last August by Heidi Cox.
Her first day at her new job was Monday, Jan. 4.
Schoenhaar has a bachelor's degree in English from St. Norbert College in De Pere, a master of library science degree from Rosary College in River Forest, Ill., and an master's degree in creative writing from Mankato State University in Mankato, Minn. . She previously served as the media services and instructional technology manager at the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha.
Schoenhaar said she looks forward to working with the Library Board on new initiatives, including the possible development of the library's basement into a children's reading library.
"One thing that I have been very excited about is the community really values the library and wants the library in the community," she said.
She would also like to focus on events for all age groups, from social media awareness seminars for teens and "tweens" to seminars on how to retire successfully.
Schoenhaar was selected from among four finalists. .
Meet Schoenhaar at a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18, in the McBroom Community Room. RSVP to the library by sending email to email@example.com.
- Cushing medal may be displayed in city
- Former American TV site in Pewaukee to house electric go-cart tracks
- Remodeling to manufacturing program at Arrowhead planned
- Hartland church donates nearly 10,000 gift boxes to national charity
- 'Tis the season to be jolly and fit
- Lake Country School becomes a school forest
- Local Hindu worshippers celebrate Christmas
- Pewaukee blood donor wins trip to Packer game
- Lisbon hires Brown Deer administrator
- Food drive way behind last year