Ward's House of Prime opening in Delafield
City of Delafield — Lake Country diners with big meat appetites can become famous in downtown Delafield's newest restuarant establishment.
Order and consume a 40-ounce steak or prime rib — which will cost about $60 — and your name, will be mounted on the Wall of Fame at Ward's House of Prime, which is expected to open in early December.
The Wall of Fame is patterned after a similar feature restaurant owner Brian Ward has in his downtown Milwaukee establishment of the same name.
One of Ward's business partners, Greg Domino, lives in Delafield, and that is what prompted Ward to open a new prime rib establishment.
"We had been thinking about a second restaurant, and we had been looking around for a location. Greg lives on the lake, and I spent some time at his house and really got to like Delafield," Ward explained.
When Ward learned that Tony and Mia's restuarant, 515 Wells St., was going out of business, he decided to locate there.
There is some extensive remodeling going on in the building, which is owned by Jason Steiner of Ace Properties Delafield and the Steinergroup. The first floor, which was a dining area and seperate bar area, is being opened up into a single room that will provide both a bar and high table top dining.
The upstairs is also being remodeled so it can function as a more conventional tablecloth-style dining room. Fireplaces on both the first and second floors are being retained but renovated, Ward added.
The menu will focus on fine quality meats, with prime rib the specialty of the house. Entree prices will range from $19. There will be an 8-ounce prime rib available for $26 along with larger cuts of meat in the $30 and $40 price range. Entrees will include soup, salad and potato.
The Milwaukee restaurant has been featured on the cable television program "Food Paradise," which recognized Ward's as having the best large cuts of meat in America.
- Hwy. C project gets tree money
- Erin's St. Patrick's Day parade could be canceled if there aren't enough entries
- Delafield ponders city sign policy
- Roost to host anniversary celebration, grand opening of The Hen House
- Lake Country School to add disc golf course to grounds
- Town of Merton site north of Beaver Lake Road eyed for possible subdivision
- Two suspected of several area burglaries arrested after car lands in ditch along I-94 in Waukesha (1)
- State superintendent gets up-close look at Pewaukee High School's Insight program
- In brief: ULS open house, kids opportunity fair, veterans offer scholarship
- In brief: Spread the Love collects for food pantry