Oconomowoc High School investigates possible threat
Oconomowoc High School was also dealing with alleged threats last week, according to a letter sent to parents Thursday evening by Principal Joseph Moylan. Moylan said the school had heard rumors of a threat and investigated.
"Like many other schools across the area, we have had rumors of a threat to the high school circulating at school and in the community. Given the media attention to 12/21 and the recent tragedy in Connecticut, these rumors have rightfully caused significant concern. Please know that our administrative staff and our police liaisons have all been responding to all information brought forward," Moylan wrote.
He said working with the police, concerns about specific students were investigated.
"These investigations have included interviews with the students and families and social media monitoring. To date nothing has indicated that there is a threat to student safety on Friday," Moylan wrote. The principal added that the school chose not to cancel classes Friday, but told parents in his message they had "every right to keep your children home on Friday.
"We appreciate the parents and students who have come forth with this information and take all concerns seriously. If you or your child has specific information that you think we should know, please call," Moylan added.
Moylan also said that the situations have caused a learning distraction in the school and that false information could result in serious consequences with the police.
"The times are too serious for anyone to take advantage of our concern. Student safety continues to be our top priority. Please continue encouraging your children to come to us with their concerns. Please continue to call with yours," he wrote.
- Food drive way behind last year
- On the Move: December 18, 2014
- Celebration for Hartland Fire Chief Augie Wilde postponed
- City of Pewaukee and Spring Creek Church still at odds over stormwater fees
- Former Pewaukee Clerk Sandra Salbashian dies at 73
- Hartland plan commission gives thumbs up to new booster station
- Palmer's Steakhouse in Hartland offers relaxing holiday hearth
- Hartland Riverwalk Apartment project gets thumbs-up from plan commission
- Delafield will negotiate changes to out-of-court settlement at Village Square
- Lake Country, Stone Bank schools win in Piggly Wiggly healthy food challenge