Pewaukee joins fire merger talks
Village of Pewaukee - The village is getting serious with its consideration to join Lake Country Fire and Rescue (LCFR). In a close vote Feb. 5, the Village Board appointed three members to sit on the LCFR Consolidation Committee.
Village President Tom Calder appointed Pat Nauth, Paul Evert and himself. Nauth and Evert abstained, while Jeff Knutson and Joe Zompa voted against the measure - it barely passed at 3-2, with Calder voting for himself.
LCFR currently includes the City of Delafield and the villages of Nashotah and Chenequa. Talks are under way to possibly add the Village of Hartland, the Town of Delafield and the City of Oconomowoc. Oconomowoc has yet to appoint representatives to the committee.
"I have a real issue with this being on the board, on the table, or even discussing it without having first talked with the Fire Departments and the city about our issues with the pricing," Knutson said.
Calder curbed discussion, though, saying that the matter wasn't under discussion because the motion on the table concerned only the appointments.
Zompa voted against the appointments, and criticized how the appointments were decided. He questioned why the board wasn't asked or informed about the appointments.
- Black Friday campers, er, shoppers get early start in Delafield
- Waukesha County's Christmas Clearing Council looking for family sponsorships
- Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha lends a hand in learning the language
- Survive Alive House in Hartland to be renamed after former longtime chief Allen Wilde
- Delafield approved $12.9 million budget; council slashes capital projects spending
- Small businesses in Lake Country encouraging visits from shoppers
- Lake Country food pantries busy heading into holiday season
- Hartland trustees upset over missing tile in construction of $13,000 retaining wall (2)
- Lower gas prices a welcome sight in Lake Country
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'