Pewaukee joins fire merger talks
Village of Pewaukee - The village is getting serious with its consideration to join Lake Country Fire and Rescue (LCFR). In a close vote Feb. 5, the Village Board appointed three members to sit on the LCFR Consolidation Committee.
Village President Tom Calder appointed Pat Nauth, Paul Evert and himself. Nauth and Evert abstained, while Jeff Knutson and Joe Zompa voted against the measure - it barely passed at 3-2, with Calder voting for himself.
LCFR currently includes the City of Delafield and the villages of Nashotah and Chenequa. Talks are under way to possibly add the Village of Hartland, the Town of Delafield and the City of Oconomowoc. Oconomowoc has yet to appoint representatives to the committee.
"I have a real issue with this being on the board, on the table, or even discussing it without having first talked with the Fire Departments and the city about our issues with the pricing," Knutson said.
Calder curbed discussion, though, saying that the matter wasn't under discussion because the motion on the table concerned only the appointments.
Zompa voted against the appointments, and criticized how the appointments were decided. He questioned why the board wasn't asked or informed about the appointments.
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor
- In brief: grand reopening for Realty Executives Integrity
- Anniversaries: Oct. 21, 2014
- Intersection of Highway 83 and 18 in Wales set for full closure Oct. 24-27
- History unfolds as Hawks Inn's quilts are added to national database
- Get your scare on at Fright Hike
- Election 2014: State Senate District 33 Voter's Guide