Pewaukee joins fire merger talks
Village of Pewaukee - The village is getting serious with its consideration to join Lake Country Fire and Rescue (LCFR). In a close vote Feb. 5, the Village Board appointed three members to sit on the LCFR Consolidation Committee.
Village President Tom Calder appointed Pat Nauth, Paul Evert and himself. Nauth and Evert abstained, while Jeff Knutson and Joe Zompa voted against the measure - it barely passed at 3-2, with Calder voting for himself.
LCFR currently includes the City of Delafield and the villages of Nashotah and Chenequa. Talks are under way to possibly add the Village of Hartland, the Town of Delafield and the City of Oconomowoc. Oconomowoc has yet to appoint representatives to the committee.
"I have a real issue with this being on the board, on the table, or even discussing it without having first talked with the Fire Departments and the city about our issues with the pricing," Knutson said.
Calder curbed discussion, though, saying that the matter wasn't under discussion because the motion on the table concerned only the appointments.
Zompa voted against the appointments, and criticized how the appointments were decided. He questioned why the board wasn't asked or informed about the appointments.
- In brief: Pontoon boats at Oconomowoc City Beach, Zachariah's Acres a grant finalist, Oconomowoc PD
- In brief: Snappin' Ministries award, park turned over to city
- In brief: New insurer for local school cooperative, Oconomowoc seniors honored
- In brief: Pig named top workplace
- Where's roadwork taking place this summer in Lake Country? Check out our roundup of projects
- In brief: Lower speed limit, shared parking
- Hartland judge Jennifer Dorow won't seek state Supreme Court appointment — for now
- Grand opening for Digital Media Lab in Hartland scheduled for May 24
- Pewaukee Village Board waives part of condo's false fire alarm fees
- Pewaukee man dies in Dane County crash