Pewaukee man faces child abuse charges
A 26-year-old Pewaukee man has been charged with the physical abuse of a child, after allegedly spanking a 14-year-old boy with a belt and then choking him with it.
The man was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Nov. 9 with felony child abuse.
After an anonymous call, police responded to the complaint of a child being struck at Ridgeway Drive. The complaint says police found the boy in his room, and he appeared to be upset. The boy told police that there was argument between the two after the man, his mother's boyfriend, sold his laptopwithout permission. The teen was asked to go to his room, where the man allegedly began to strike him with the belt on his backside and then on the arms when he attempted to pull away.
The complaint alleges that the incident began to escalate, and the man pushed the teen into a small table and then into a wall where he began to choke the teen with the belt. The complaint added that the man then held the teen with a choke hold.
According to the complaint, the clasp or buckle of the belt broke while the man was striking the boy.
If convicted, the man could face a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for up to six years.
- Sussex Main Street to be closed
- Kraus seeks plea deal with DA
- Pewaukee RiverRun still going strong after 41 years
- Village Square agreement approved
- AT&T donates to dual enrollment program
- Local business leader awarded volunteer of the year
- Paul Kanter and Clare Dundon return to Delafield town government, this time on the plan commission
- Arrowhead's new superintendent is Laura Myrah, superintendent in Whitefish Bay
- In brief: MS, legion band
- Lights, camera, Future Ready recognition comes to Kettle Moraine School District