Pewaukee man faces child abuse charges
A 26-year-old Pewaukee man has been charged with the physical abuse of a child, after allegedly spanking a 14-year-old boy with a belt and then choking him with it.
The man was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Nov. 9 with felony child abuse.
After an anonymous call, police responded to the complaint of a child being struck at Ridgeway Drive. The complaint says police found the boy in his room, and he appeared to be upset. The boy told police that there was argument between the two after the man, his mother's boyfriend, sold his laptopwithout permission. The teen was asked to go to his room, where the man allegedly began to strike him with the belt on his backside and then on the arms when he attempted to pull away.
The complaint alleges that the incident began to escalate, and the man pushed the teen into a small table and then into a wall where he began to choke the teen with the belt. The complaint added that the man then held the teen with a choke hold.
According to the complaint, the clasp or buckle of the belt broke while the man was striking the boy.
If convicted, the man could face a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for up to six years.
- Spring election starts taking shape now
- Black Friday campers, er, shoppers get early start in Delafield
- Waukesha County's Christmas Clearing Council looking for family sponsorships
- Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha lends a hand in learning the language
- Survive Alive House in Hartland to be renamed after former longtime chief Allen Wilde
- Delafield approved $12.9 million budget; council slashes capital projects spending
- Small businesses in Lake Country encouraging visits from shoppers
- Lake Country food pantries busy heading into holiday season
- Hartland trustees upset over missing tile in construction of $13,000 retaining wall (2)
- Lower gas prices a welcome sight in Lake Country