Pewaukee man faces child abuse charges
A 26-year-old Pewaukee man has been charged with the physical abuse of a child, after allegedly spanking a 14-year-old boy with a belt and then choking him with it.
The man was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Nov. 9 with felony child abuse.
After an anonymous call, police responded to the complaint of a child being struck at Ridgeway Drive. The complaint says police found the boy in his room, and he appeared to be upset. The boy told police that there was argument between the two after the man, his mother's boyfriend, sold his laptopwithout permission. The teen was asked to go to his room, where the man allegedly began to strike him with the belt on his backside and then on the arms when he attempted to pull away.
The complaint alleges that the incident began to escalate, and the man pushed the teen into a small table and then into a wall where he began to choke the teen with the belt. The complaint added that the man then held the teen with a choke hold.
According to the complaint, the clasp or buckle of the belt broke while the man was striking the boy.
If convicted, the man could face a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment for up to six years.
- Remodeling to manufacturing program at Arrowhead planned
- Hartland church donates nearly 10,000 gift boxes to national charity
- 'Tis the season to be jolly and fit
- Lake Country School becomes a school forest
- Local Hindu worshippers celebrate Christmas
- Pewaukee blood donor wins trip to Packer game
- Lisbon hires Brown Deer administrator
- Food drive way behind last year
- On the Move: December 18, 2014
- Celebration for Hartland Fire Chief Augie Wilde postponed