Pewaukee High School is on a roll, associate prinicipal earns state honors
Pewaukee High School is on a roll these days. Associate Principal Danielle Bosanec has been named as the AWSA Wisconsin Associate Principal of the Year for 2013.
She was nominated by Principal Marty Van Hulle, who was the first to know that Bosanec had won. He arranged for Jim Lynch, Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators, to visit a faculty meeting and surprise Bosanec with the news, in front of her colleagues.
"I was completely shocked. Jim (Lynch) started talking about effective education models, so it made sense that he was there," Bosanec said.
She has been with the district for nine years, first serving as a social studies teacher and then transitioning into a dean of students role. She officially became the associate principal three years ago. Generally, the AWSA seeks out educators who are especially innovative and continue to move their organization forward. They must emphasize personalized or individualized learning and do their best to create a safe and welcoming learning environment.
Bosanec has been praised for establishing the Anti-Bullying Club (ABC) and the PHS Connection, a mentoring program that helps new freshmen as they make that vital transition into to high school. The AWSA has also highlighted her success in pioneering initiatives in personalized learning, blended learning and Response to Intervention programs.
Bosanec also serves behind the scenes throughstate Department of Public Instruction advisory groups. At the moment, she's helping draft the student learning objectives design and developmental pilot for the Wisconsin Educator Effectiveness Model. The Wisconsin Educator Effectiveness System was legislatively mandated in 2011 to provide a fair, valid and reliable state evaluation model for teachers and principals that supports continuous improvement of educator practice which results in improved student learning. The system is in its second stage and could be implemented in 2014.
"The award really isn't about me," Bosanec said, "It's about the great work that happens in the district, day in and day out, from the administration and teachers to the kids."
- University Lake School to put on "The Wizard of Oz"
- Hartland village board approves Holt Electric Supply expansion plans
- Reel World, Feb. 10, 2016: No crowns for 'Caesar!'
- Lake Country private schools register for voucher program (1)
- One killed in Delafield car-tree crash, police investigating cause of Milwaukee Street crash
- Business brief: Grand openening, new office Fox Valley Fluid
- Gun club permit reinstated; judge overturns city's revocation of permit
- Hwy. C project gets tree money
- Erin's St. Patrick's Day parade could be canceled if there aren't enough entries
- Delafield ponders city sign policy