Pewaukee Police Chief Ed Baumann announces retirement
The Village of Pewaukee's Chief of Police Edward M. Baumann submitted his notice of retirement from active duty to the President of the Police Commission late Friday night.
His retirement becomes effective on April 2, 2013.
"As I look backwards and reflect on a career that I have cherished, I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for the privilege of serving a community so special and the honor of leading the men and women comprising one of the greatest police departments ever. Most of all, I am thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and extended family."
Chief Baumann has served the Pewaukee community for 38 years, 28 years as the Chief of Police.
"Work isn't work when you love what you're doing and whom you're doing it for," Chief Baumann said.
- Controversy continues over Hwy. Q gas station
- Steinhafels Furniture in Pewaukee plans to expand warehouse, add jobs
- Sendik's Hartland Plaza on the rise
- Lake Country bike trail appreciation event on tap this weekend
- Delays in Merton road project
- 'Paper Towns' leaves something to be desired
- Duchow throws hat in ring for 99th
- Plan your August
- Business Briefs: July 28, 2015
- In brief: recycling and more, trivia contest, golf