Pewaukee Police Chief Ed Baumann announces retirement
The Village of Pewaukee's Chief of Police Edward M. Baumann submitted his notice of retirement from active duty to the President of the Police Commission late Friday night.
His retirement becomes effective on April 2, 2013.
"As I look backwards and reflect on a career that I have cherished, I am overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for the privilege of serving a community so special and the honor of leading the men and women comprising one of the greatest police departments ever. Most of all, I am thankful for the love and support of my family, friends and extended family."
Chief Baumann has served the Pewaukee community for 38 years, 28 years as the Chief of Police.
"Work isn't work when you love what you're doing and whom you're doing it for," Chief Baumann said.
- Highway 16 lane closure to continue through Sept. 9
- Tree dispute between city and developer
- Possible new sign laws in Delafield
- Lake Country students post strong showing on ACT
- Decision soon on controversial fueling and convenience center complex in Lisbon
- Lisbon spends $660,000 on fire engine
- Area schools, educators keep busy preparing for new year
- Pewaukee, KM Global included in Newsweek's list of top high schools
- Local runner bringing 'Girls on the Run' to Lake Country
- Waukesha shooting leads to criminal charges against Hartland man