County project would resurface 2.5 miles of Highway F
City of Pewaukee - Waukesha County plans to resurface Highway F (Redford Boulevard) in the City of Pewaukee, and members of the community are invited to stop by tonight, Nov. 1, to learn more.
The project will rehabilitate or replace about 2.5 miles of the roadway, from the entrance to Steinhafel's Furniture, just south of I-94, to just south of Capitol Drive (Highway 190). This could include intersection improvements such as traffic signal upgrades and new guard rails or improved bridge slope paving. Resurfacing is expected to begin in spring 2014.
Some of the paving was created in 1988; other sections were created in 1977. Waukesha County Senior Civil Engineer Kevin Yanny said there have been complaints about Highway F years, and Waukesha County is working to improve the road. Officials will consider roadway geography while they're working on it, reviewing traffic signals and turn lanes, but there really aren't expected to be any major changes or additions, according to Yanny.
The county also plans to work in stages so the road can remain open during construction.
The public information meeting is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. tonight at Pewaukee City Hall. It will be held in an open-house format with no formal presentation. Exhibits and materials illustrating the proposed improvements and project schedule will be available for review. Project staff will also be on-hand to take comments and answer questions.
- Portions of Lake Country bike trail in Delafield, Pewaukee closing soon
- Hearing set for Village Square living center
- Hartland board divided over proposed walking path in Sanctuary subdivision
- Learn to ... dance, garden, safely handle a gun and more at Arrowhead High School's Learning Never E
- Winners named in Pewaukee Awards Gala
- Twitter sounds off on Arrowhead's new locker rooms
- Updated with video: Arrowhead completes $662K renovation of basketball locker rooms
- Community Briefs: February 26, 2015
- In brief: Kapenga office hours, military ball, Ag Resource Day, blood drive
- Delafield Hotel placed in receivership with $4.4 million debt to Ixonia Bank