County project would resurface 2.5 miles of Highway F
City of Pewaukee - Waukesha County plans to resurface Highway F (Redford Boulevard) in the City of Pewaukee, and members of the community are invited to stop by tonight, Nov. 1, to learn more.
The project will rehabilitate or replace about 2.5 miles of the roadway, from the entrance to Steinhafel's Furniture, just south of I-94, to just south of Capitol Drive (Highway 190). This could include intersection improvements such as traffic signal upgrades and new guard rails or improved bridge slope paving. Resurfacing is expected to begin in spring 2014.
Some of the paving was created in 1988; other sections were created in 1977. Waukesha County Senior Civil Engineer Kevin Yanny said there have been complaints about Highway F years, and Waukesha County is working to improve the road. Officials will consider roadway geography while they're working on it, reviewing traffic signals and turn lanes, but there really aren't expected to be any major changes or additions, according to Yanny.
The county also plans to work in stages so the road can remain open during construction.
The public information meeting is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. tonight at Pewaukee City Hall. It will be held in an open-house format with no formal presentation. Exhibits and materials illustrating the proposed improvements and project schedule will be available for review. Project staff will also be on-hand to take comments and answer questions.
- Lake Country Fire and Rescue looks to be in better financial shape
- Lake Country Lutheran in Hartland to host blood drive
- Hartland village board OK conceptual plat for new Four Winds West subdivision
- Hartland trustee votes against Riverwalk; board OKs site, building plans
- Bridge work will close Highway KE starting Feb. 4
- Stairway to Heroin III comes to Hartland
- Public schools open-enrollment period begins soon
- Former Lisbon administrator Elizabeth Kraus pleads not guilty to felony misuse of town credit cards
- In brief: WCTC open house
- In brief: Daddy/daughter dance