County project would resurface 2.5 miles of Highway F
City of Pewaukee - Waukesha County plans to resurface Highway F (Redford Boulevard) in the City of Pewaukee, and members of the community are invited to stop by tonight, Nov. 1, to learn more.
The project will rehabilitate or replace about 2.5 miles of the roadway, from the entrance to Steinhafel's Furniture, just south of I-94, to just south of Capitol Drive (Highway 190). This could include intersection improvements such as traffic signal upgrades and new guard rails or improved bridge slope paving. Resurfacing is expected to begin in spring 2014.
Some of the paving was created in 1988; other sections were created in 1977. Waukesha County Senior Civil Engineer Kevin Yanny said there have been complaints about Highway F years, and Waukesha County is working to improve the road. Officials will consider roadway geography while they're working on it, reviewing traffic signals and turn lanes, but there really aren't expected to be any major changes or additions, according to Yanny.
The county also plans to work in stages so the road can remain open during construction.
The public information meeting is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. tonight at Pewaukee City Hall. It will be held in an open-house format with no formal presentation. Exhibits and materials illustrating the proposed improvements and project schedule will be available for review. Project staff will also be on-hand to take comments and answer questions.
- Lake Country food pantries busy heading into holiday season
- Hartland trustees upset over missing tile in construction of $13,000 retaining wall (1)
- Lower gas prices a welcome sight in Lake Country
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Yule Feed Families drive faces tall order in 25th year
- In brief: North Lake School seeks new AD, secretary
- In brief, Nov. 24, 2015: Kapenga office hours
- On The Move: Nov. 24, 2015
- Westbrook Church apartment project could face hurdles in Delafield
- Lake Country Bike Trail reopens following months of construction, closures