Rollover, pileup early Friday on Highway 16
Highway 16 around the intersection of Highway KE was quite the mess on Friday morning after two unrelated accidents heading east and west occurred.
Lt. Brian Larson with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department said that around 7:45 a.m. on Friday two cars heading west on Highway 16 hit each other. The collision caused another six to seven cars to go into the ditch off 16.
Around the same time, another driver heading east lost control of their vehicle and rolled. They landed upside down off Highway 16 heading east. Larson said that the driver suffered minor injuries.
The Sheriff's lieutenant said the slick conditions on Friday morning were likely the cause of all the accidents. Drivers on Highway 16 reported seeing several cars that were headed both east and west either in the ditch or on the side of the road. Larson said other than the cars that went into the ditch after the two cars collided heading west, they were likely bystanders.
Along with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the villages of Pewaukee and Hartland responded to the accidents.
- Highway 16 lane closure to continue through Sept. 9
- Tree dispute between city and developer
- Delafield to consider new laws for outdoor business signage
- Lake Country students post strong showing on ACT
- Decision soon on controversial fueling and convenience center complex in Lisbon
- Lisbon spends $660,000 on fire engine
- Area schools, educators keep busy preparing for new year
- Pewaukee, KM Global included in Newsweek's list of top high schools
- Local runner bringing 'Girls on the Run' to Lake Country
- Waukesha shooting leads to criminal charges against Hartland man