Rollover, pileup early Friday on Highway 16
Highway 16 around the intersection of Highway KE was quite the mess on Friday morning after two unrelated accidents heading east and west occurred.
Lt. Brian Larson with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department said that around 7:45 a.m. on Friday two cars heading west on Highway 16 hit each other. The collision caused another six to seven cars to go into the ditch off 16.
Around the same time, another driver heading east lost control of their vehicle and rolled. They landed upside down off Highway 16 heading east. Larson said that the driver suffered minor injuries.
The Sheriff's lieutenant said the slick conditions on Friday morning were likely the cause of all the accidents. Drivers on Highway 16 reported seeing several cars that were headed both east and west either in the ditch or on the side of the road. Larson said other than the cars that went into the ditch after the two cars collided heading west, they were likely bystanders.
Along with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the villages of Pewaukee and Hartland responded to the accidents.
- In brief: Pontoon boats at Oconomowoc City Beach, Zachariah's Acres a grant finalist, Oconomowoc PD
- In brief: Snappin' Ministries award, park turned over to city
- In brief: New insurer for local school cooperative, Oconomowoc seniors honored
- In brief: Pig named top workplace
- Where's roadwork taking place this summer in Lake Country? Check out our roundup of projects
- In brief: Lower speed limit, shared parking
- Hartland judge Jennifer Dorow won't seek state Supreme Court appointment — for now
- Grand opening for Digital Media Lab in Hartland scheduled for May 24
- Pewaukee Village Board waives part of condo's false fire alarm fees
- Pewaukee man dies in Dane County crash