Rollover, pileup early Friday on Highway 16
Highway 16 around the intersection of Highway KE was quite the mess on Friday morning after two unrelated accidents heading east and west occurred.
Lt. Brian Larson with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department said that around 7:45 a.m. on Friday two cars heading west on Highway 16 hit each other. The collision caused another six to seven cars to go into the ditch off 16.
Around the same time, another driver heading east lost control of their vehicle and rolled. They landed upside down off Highway 16 heading east. Larson said that the driver suffered minor injuries.
The Sheriff's lieutenant said the slick conditions on Friday morning were likely the cause of all the accidents. Drivers on Highway 16 reported seeing several cars that were headed both east and west either in the ditch or on the side of the road. Larson said other than the cars that went into the ditch after the two cars collided heading west, they were likely bystanders.
Along with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the villages of Pewaukee and Hartland responded to the accidents.
- Haass Library dispute may go to 2016
- New fire station in Delafield town raises tax levy, rates
- New park possible in Pewaukee
- Enters will not seek re-election in Pewaukee
- Prospective new owner to take over Pewaukee's Old Lynndale Farm
- Pewaukee man strangled stranger who offered to pay him for protection
- Books and Looks to close shop for good
- Town missed some Kraus court records
- Delafield Common Council debates garbage collection, taxes
- Hasslinger will not seek re-election in spring