Rollover, pileup early Friday on Highway 16
Highway 16 around the intersection of Highway KE was quite the mess on Friday morning after two unrelated accidents heading east and west occurred.
Lt. Brian Larson with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department said that around 7:45 a.m. on Friday two cars heading west on Highway 16 hit each other. The collision caused another six to seven cars to go into the ditch off 16.
Around the same time, another driver heading east lost control of their vehicle and rolled. They landed upside down off Highway 16 heading east. Larson said that the driver suffered minor injuries.
The Sheriff's lieutenant said the slick conditions on Friday morning were likely the cause of all the accidents. Drivers on Highway 16 reported seeing several cars that were headed both east and west either in the ditch or on the side of the road. Larson said other than the cars that went into the ditch after the two cars collided heading west, they were likely bystanders.
Along with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the villages of Pewaukee and Hartland responded to the accidents.
- Lake Country food pantries busy heading into holiday season
- Hartland trustees upset over missing tile in construction of $13,000 retaining wall (2)
- Lower gas prices a welcome sight in Lake Country
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Yule Feed Families drive faces tall order in 25th year
- In brief: North Lake School seeks new AD, secretary
- In brief, Nov. 24, 2015: Kapenga office hours
- On The Move: Nov. 24, 2015
- Westbrook Church apartment project could face hurdles in Delafield
- Lake Country Bike Trail reopens following months of construction, closures