Take Blizzard Challenge at Lapham Peak
The Friends of Lapham Peak announce this year's Blizzard Challenge fundraising effort.
Currently, 1.5 kilometers of the cross-country ski trail system is capable of being covered with manmade snow. The Friends hope to expand that length of trail, as well as upgrade the snowmaking equipment. Some Blizzard donors (previous contributors of $1,000 or more) have pledged to match donations up to a total of $10,000
. Donations can be made by sending a check to; Friends of Lapham Peak, Blizzard Challenge, W329 N846 Highway C, Delafield, WI 53018, or online at Active.com.
Partially as a result of the snowmaking capability a successful school age ski program has been started for children ages 6 through high school. Despite the lack of natural snow last winter, more than 90 children took advantage of the 6- to 12-year-old instructional program, and 40 children were members of the middle and high school teams that trained and competed as the Peak Nordic ski team. Additionally nearly 100 skiers took advantage of free ski lessons each Tuesday evening.
For more information, call (262) 646-3025.
- Black Friday campers, er, shoppers get early start in Delafield
- Waukesha County's Christmas Clearing Council looking for family sponsorships
- Literacy Council of Greater Waukesha lends a hand in learning the language
- Survive Alive House in Hartland to be renamed after former longtime chief Allen Wilde
- Delafield approved $12.9 million budget; council slashes capital projects spending
- Small businesses in Lake Country encouraging visits from shoppers
- Lake Country food pantries busy heading into holiday season
- Hartland trustees upset over missing tile in construction of $13,000 retaining wall (2)
- Lower gas prices a welcome sight in Lake Country
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'