Take Blizzard Challenge at Lapham Peak
The Friends of Lapham Peak announce this year's Blizzard Challenge fundraising effort.
Currently, 1.5 kilometers of the cross-country ski trail system is capable of being covered with manmade snow. The Friends hope to expand that length of trail, as well as upgrade the snowmaking equipment. Some Blizzard donors (previous contributors of $1,000 or more) have pledged to match donations up to a total of $10,000
. Donations can be made by sending a check to; Friends of Lapham Peak, Blizzard Challenge, W329 N846 Highway C, Delafield, WI 53018, or online at Active.com.
Partially as a result of the snowmaking capability a successful school age ski program has been started for children ages 6 through high school. Despite the lack of natural snow last winter, more than 90 children took advantage of the 6- to 12-year-old instructional program, and 40 children were members of the middle and high school teams that trained and competed as the Peak Nordic ski team. Additionally nearly 100 skiers took advantage of free ski lessons each Tuesday evening.
For more information, call (262) 646-3025.
- Reel World: 'Unfriended' has too many glitches despite promise
- Lisbon exploring dog park options
- AHS robotics team heads to championship in St. Louis
- Springdale Road project has issues
- Pewaukee planners pave way for new development
- After 50 years of service, Hartland trustee still looking to give back
- Two injured, one seriously, in two-car head-on collision in Lisbon
- Former Bob Lang aide interested in buying Delafield Hotel
- Town of Delafield to hold open house on new town hall
- Lake Country death notices, April 16, 2015: Neff