Take Blizzard Challenge at Lapham Peak
The Friends of Lapham Peak announce this year's Blizzard Challenge fundraising effort.
Currently, 1.5 kilometers of the cross-country ski trail system is capable of being covered with manmade snow. The Friends hope to expand that length of trail, as well as upgrade the snowmaking equipment. Some Blizzard donors (previous contributors of $1,000 or more) have pledged to match donations up to a total of $10,000
. Donations can be made by sending a check to; Friends of Lapham Peak, Blizzard Challenge, W329 N846 Highway C, Delafield, WI 53018, or online at Active.com.
Partially as a result of the snowmaking capability a successful school age ski program has been started for children ages 6 through high school. Despite the lack of natural snow last winter, more than 90 children took advantage of the 6- to 12-year-old instructional program, and 40 children were members of the middle and high school teams that trained and competed as the Peak Nordic ski team. Additionally nearly 100 skiers took advantage of free ski lessons each Tuesday evening.
For more information, call (262) 646-3025.
- In briefs: Collectors, hazardous waste, labor laws
- In brief: Bus trip, volleyball, St. John's
- Committee expected to nix idea of dog park in Lisbon
- Hartland police searching for robbery suspect
- In Briefs: Sheepshead, MS, Thiel
- Golden Mast public launch offers option with upcoming closure of Okauchee Lake boat launch
- The Golden Anchor is back again in Delafield (5)
- Arrowhead school board terminates lacrosse complex
- Bike paths dropped from Genesee Street plans in Delafield
- Cushing celebrations over Memorial Day weekend