Thousands raised in Lace Up for Orphans Run/Walk
Hartland - More than 240 people participated in Mission: Hope's Lace Up for Orphans 5K Cross Country Run/Family Fun Walk on Nov. 3, at Lake Country Lutheran High School. Mssion: Hope is the orphan care ministry at Oakwood Church in Hartland.
The event raised more than $19,000 to build a playground at the Jelgava City Orphanage in Jelgava, Latvia. Event activities included the run/walk, food, music, raffle prizes and kids' activities.
"Thanks to the participants and generous individual and corporate donors, Lace Up for Orphans surpassed its event goal of $15,000," said Jennifer Wollner, event organizer. "We are especially grateful to Lake Country Lutheran High School staff and students who helped coordinate the details of the event and volunteered on race day." About 50 individuals from the community volunteered at the event.
The playground will be installed by Oakwood Church's mission team in June 2013, in partnership with Kids Around the World and Latvian partners in Jelgava.
- Portions of Lake Country bike trail in Delafield, Pewaukee closing soon
- Hearing set for Village Square living center
- Hartland board divided over proposed walking path in Sanctuary subdivision
- Learn to ... dance, garden, safely handle a gun and more at Arrowhead High School's Learning Never E
- Winners named in Pewaukee Awards Gala
- Twitter sounds off on Arrowhead's new locker rooms
- Updated with video: Arrowhead completes $662K renovation of basketball locker rooms
- Community Briefs: February 26, 2015
- In brief: Kapenga office hours, military ball, Ag Resource Day, blood drive
- Delafield Hotel placed in receivership with $4.4 million debt to Ixonia Bank