Thousands raised in Lace Up for Orphans Run/Walk
Hartland - More than 240 people participated in Mission: Hope's Lace Up for Orphans 5K Cross Country Run/Family Fun Walk on Nov. 3, at Lake Country Lutheran High School. Mssion: Hope is the orphan care ministry at Oakwood Church in Hartland.
The event raised more than $19,000 to build a playground at the Jelgava City Orphanage in Jelgava, Latvia. Event activities included the run/walk, food, music, raffle prizes and kids' activities.
"Thanks to the participants and generous individual and corporate donors, Lace Up for Orphans surpassed its event goal of $15,000," said Jennifer Wollner, event organizer. "We are especially grateful to Lake Country Lutheran High School staff and students who helped coordinate the details of the event and volunteered on race day." About 50 individuals from the community volunteered at the event.
The playground will be installed by Oakwood Church's mission team in June 2013, in partnership with Kids Around the World and Latvian partners in Jelgava.
- Hasslinger will not seek re-election in spring
- Community Briefs: Prayer group
- Community Briefs: Operation Christmas Child, Hartland Lights, more
- New faces likely on Delafield town board
- Delafield raises sewer rates
- Hartland Village Board reduces village expense for new radio system
- Lisbon names three finalists for administrator position
- George Miller retires from North Lake Fire Department after 65 years
- 'Big Hero 6' beautiful, fun, but ending lacks Disney magic
- Chief Augie Wilde reminisces on more than 50 years with the Hartland Fire Department