Thousands raised in Lace Up for Orphans Run/Walk
Hartland - More than 240 people participated in Mission: Hope's Lace Up for Orphans 5K Cross Country Run/Family Fun Walk on Nov. 3, at Lake Country Lutheran High School. Mssion: Hope is the orphan care ministry at Oakwood Church in Hartland.
The event raised more than $19,000 to build a playground at the Jelgava City Orphanage in Jelgava, Latvia. Event activities included the run/walk, food, music, raffle prizes and kids' activities.
"Thanks to the participants and generous individual and corporate donors, Lace Up for Orphans surpassed its event goal of $15,000," said Jennifer Wollner, event organizer. "We are especially grateful to Lake Country Lutheran High School staff and students who helped coordinate the details of the event and volunteered on race day." About 50 individuals from the community volunteered at the event.
The playground will be installed by Oakwood Church's mission team in June 2013, in partnership with Kids Around the World and Latvian partners in Jelgava.
- Village Square senior facility approved
- Pat and Lori Fox receive Community Partner Award from Hartland-Lakeside Education Foundation
- In brief: Spring Bling
- In brief: Land donation, roadwork assessments, new subdivision, more
- In brief: Recycling day, Pewaukee water rates
- Pewaukee bakery offers gluten-free options
- In brief: Pewaukee River, Sussex library, new book
- Sussex Main Street to be closed
- Ex-Lisbon clerk Kraus seeks plea deal on credit card theft charge (1)
- Pewaukee RiverRun still going strong after 41 years