Thousands raised in Lace Up for Orphans Run/Walk
Hartland - More than 240 people participated in Mission: Hope's Lace Up for Orphans 5K Cross Country Run/Family Fun Walk on Nov. 3, at Lake Country Lutheran High School. Mssion: Hope is the orphan care ministry at Oakwood Church in Hartland.
The event raised more than $19,000 to build a playground at the Jelgava City Orphanage in Jelgava, Latvia. Event activities included the run/walk, food, music, raffle prizes and kids' activities.
"Thanks to the participants and generous individual and corporate donors, Lace Up for Orphans surpassed its event goal of $15,000," said Jennifer Wollner, event organizer. "We are especially grateful to Lake Country Lutheran High School staff and students who helped coordinate the details of the event and volunteered on race day." About 50 individuals from the community volunteered at the event.
The playground will be installed by Oakwood Church's mission team in June 2013, in partnership with Kids Around the World and Latvian partners in Jelgava.
- Cushing medal may be displayed in city
- Former American TV site in Pewaukee to house electric go-cart tracks
- Remodeling to manufacturing program at Arrowhead planned
- Hartland church donates nearly 10,000 gift boxes to national charity
- 'Tis the season to be jolly and fit
- Lake Country School becomes a school forest
- Local Hindu worshippers celebrate Christmas
- Pewaukee blood donor wins trip to Packer game
- Lisbon hires Brown Deer administrator
- Food drive way behind last year