Thousands raised in Lace Up for Orphans Run/Walk
Hartland - More than 240 people participated in Mission: Hope's Lace Up for Orphans 5K Cross Country Run/Family Fun Walk on Nov. 3, at Lake Country Lutheran High School. Mssion: Hope is the orphan care ministry at Oakwood Church in Hartland.
The event raised more than $19,000 to build a playground at the Jelgava City Orphanage in Jelgava, Latvia. Event activities included the run/walk, food, music, raffle prizes and kids' activities.
"Thanks to the participants and generous individual and corporate donors, Lace Up for Orphans surpassed its event goal of $15,000," said Jennifer Wollner, event organizer. "We are especially grateful to Lake Country Lutheran High School staff and students who helped coordinate the details of the event and volunteered on race day." About 50 individuals from the community volunteered at the event.
The playground will be installed by Oakwood Church's mission team in June 2013, in partnership with Kids Around the World and Latvian partners in Jelgava.
- Proposal would relax Delafield sign regulations (1)
- Video: Kettle Moraine students gain health research experience through partnership with Medical College of Wisconsin
- Pewaukee High School senior earns college table tennis scholarship
- Delafield zoning changes expected; new code to encourage high-end homes
- Town officials approve lifting speed limit on Okauchee Lake for June demo event
- Cobra helicopter in North Lake to be moved to get new paint job
- Pewaukee, Arrowhead school districts named to Top Workplaces list (1)
- In brief: Wake Up Call exhibit extended, preschool enrollment
- Complaint: Delafield man left friend to die of apparent heroin overdose (3)
- Pewaukee's CELA plans to boost enrollment, establish waiting list