Two charged in attempted robbery at pizzeria
Two men were charged last week with the attempted robbery of Salvo's Pizzeria on Dec. 6.
Evan Casey, 18, of Hartland was charged with attempted armed robbery on Dec. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court Michael M. Seymer, 20, of Pewaukee was charged with being party to the crime.
According to the criminal complaint, Village of Pewaukee officers were dispatched to the pizzeria, 220 Oakton Ave., just before 9 p.m. Business owner Salvatore Armeli told officers that while he was closing, a white male wearing a black hoodie over his head and a white T-shirt over his face came into the business. The man was later identified as Casey, who reportedly showed Armeli a knife and demanded cash.
Armeli told the subject to calm down and then, according to the criminal complaint, he left the room, intending to find his pistol in the kitchen. As he was opening the door, Casey apparently saw a second employee working in back, according to the complaint. Realizing that Armeli was not alone, the two fled. Police noted that Armeli had all the appropriate licenses for the firearm and did not use it any point during the incident.
The incident report says that officers found a wallet in a nearby alley belonging to Casey. It apparently fell out of his pants when he changed into a new outfit.
Casey told police that he wanted the money to pay for rent and to buy new shoes. Seymer reportedly told police that he went with Casey so he wouldn't get lost while conducting the robbery.
If Casey is convicted of attempted armed robbery, and Seymer as a party to the crime, they may be fined up to $50,000 and could be in jail for 20 years.
- Proposal would relax Delafield sign regulations (1)
- Video: Kettle Moraine students gain health research experience through partnership with Medical College of Wisconsin
- Pewaukee High School senior earns college table tennis scholarship
- Delafield zoning changes expected; new code to encourage high-end homes
- Town officials approve lifting speed limit on Okauchee Lake for June demo event
- Cobra helicopter in North Lake to be moved to get new paint job
- Pewaukee, Arrowhead school districts named to Top Workplaces list
- In brief: Wake Up Call exhibit extended, preschool enrollment
- Complaint: Delafield man left friend to die of apparent heroin overdose (3)
- Pewaukee's CELA plans to boost enrollment, establish waiting list