Two charged in attempted robbery at pizzeria
Two men were charged last week with the attempted robbery of Salvo's Pizzeria on Dec. 6.
Evan Casey, 18, of Hartland was charged with attempted armed robbery on Dec. 11 in Waukesha County Circuit Court Michael M. Seymer, 20, of Pewaukee was charged with being party to the crime.
According to the criminal complaint, Village of Pewaukee officers were dispatched to the pizzeria, 220 Oakton Ave., just before 9 p.m. Business owner Salvatore Armeli told officers that while he was closing, a white male wearing a black hoodie over his head and a white T-shirt over his face came into the business. The man was later identified as Casey, who reportedly showed Armeli a knife and demanded cash.
Armeli told the subject to calm down and then, according to the criminal complaint, he left the room, intending to find his pistol in the kitchen. As he was opening the door, Casey apparently saw a second employee working in back, according to the complaint. Realizing that Armeli was not alone, the two fled. Police noted that Armeli had all the appropriate licenses for the firearm and did not use it any point during the incident.
The incident report says that officers found a wallet in a nearby alley belonging to Casey. It apparently fell out of his pants when he changed into a new outfit.
Casey told police that he wanted the money to pay for rent and to buy new shoes. Seymer reportedly told police that he went with Casey so he wouldn't get lost while conducting the robbery.
If Casey is convicted of attempted armed robbery, and Seymer as a party to the crime, they may be fined up to $50,000 and could be in jail for 20 years.
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor
- In brief: grand reopening for Realty Executives Integrity
- Anniversaries: Oct. 21, 2014
- Intersection of Highway 83 and 18 in Wales set for full closure Oct. 24-27
- History unfolds as Hawks Inn's quilts are added to national database
- Get your scare on at Fright Hike
- Election 2014: State Senate District 33 Voter's Guide