Unique Pine Lake home seen on TV
Village of Chenequa - The Pine Lake home of Ben and Dominique Hostetler was featured last week on HGTV's "Extreme Houses" because of its unique pinwheel-shaped design that includes the use of glass, wood and natural materials.
The home was designed by Robert Harvey Oshatz of Oregon and built by Signature Builders of Pewaukee.
Bert Butterfield, founder and owner of Signature Builders, described working on the building as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity because of the unique design and construction.
Oshatz said the Chenequa home was designed to be built in two phases.
The first phase of the construction includes the primary structure and living areas for the family. The second phase will be completed later and will consist of a glass-roofed swimming pool area and a suite for visiting family members.
The house was designed to be visually small from the entryway but to use the steep slope of the building site to provide maximum views and connections to the lake, according to the architect.
Village officials approved the project about three years ago, according to Village Administrator Robert Douglas.
Douglas said there was no opposition to the unique design of the house.
The property is in an isolated wooded area on Pine Lake at the end of a private drive off Highway 83.
- Hartland-Lakeside, Merton school boards hold initial merger discussion
- Sussex-Lisbon News: Oct. 15, 2015
- In brief: interim city clerk, Okauchee Lake launch reopens, Ice Age Trail
- Secure entrance, Discovery Lab part of improvements at Swallow School
- Pewaukee woman says trip to see Pope Francis in Philadelphia was a 'once in a lifetime' experience
- Lack of quorum by city of Delafield Plan Commission delays business openings, new home construction
- North Lake commissioners discuss reducing daily fish limits, marking sandbars
- Loaf & Jug Restaurant moving from Brookfield to Pewaukee (1)
- Strategic vision forum members sought by Kettle Moraine School District
- Five places to visit in Lake Country this Halloween — if you dare