Warrant issued in switched ID
A warrant has been issued for the arrest of a 31-year-old Pewaukee man charged with switching identities with his brother, eluding charges brought against him in December for his fourth-operating while intoxicated offense.
Philip J. Camren, 538 Kopmeier Drive, Pewaukee, was charged Feb. 20 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with felony identify theft, fourth-offense drunken driving, fourth-offense driving with prohibited alcohol concentration, driving with a revoked license and misdemeanor bail jumping.
According to the criminal complaint:
Camren was pulled over by an Oconomowoc police officer in the parking lot of Foolery's Liquid Therapy, N52 W35091 Lake Drive, at about midnight Dec. 14, 2012.
When the officer asked for identification, Camren gave him a passport belonging to his 33-year-old brother Neal C. Camren, the complaint said.
The man failed field sobriety tests and registered a 0.17 on a breath test, according to the complaint. He received two citations, one for speeding and the other for drunken driving, and both were filed under Neal Camren's name.
A blood test was also administered - also under Neal Camren's name - and the blood test showed that the man had a blood alcohol level of .21.
Neal Camren called Oconomowoc police Jan. 11 to question the drunken driving arrest. He told police that during the incident he was stationed at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma City, according to the complaint. He said he believed his brother was responsible for the mix up.
Philip Camren was previously convicted of drunken driving in 2008, 2009 and 2011, according to the criminal complaint. A third drunken driving offense was pending in Dane County from September 2010.
- Food drive makes two big changes for 2014
- In brief: Hartland village board to ban sale of "nicotine products"
- In brief: Merton tree lighting; toy drive; hockey
- Election 2015: Several municipal and school positions up for election in April
- 'Mockingjay' goes beyond the games
- Pewaukee and Arrowhead were part of the AP Honor Roll
- On the Move: Nov. 25, 2014
- In brief: Carpenters tribute concert
- Business Briefs: November 25, 2014
- Christmas tree sale to benefit Zachariah's Acres