Village of Pewaukee — The walls are up and construction is well underway for Waukesha County Technical College's indoor gun range. The range is being constructed primarily for law-enforcement training, but will be open to the public through membership.
Associate Dean of Law Enforcement Brian Dorow said things are on target for the range's opening in October. Dorow worked with private donors to secure 30 percent of the $1 million range's cost before WCTC would sign off on the project. He said more than 25 donors, which includes businesses, have supported the range through monetary contributions and donations of materials.
Dorow said years of planning went into creating the state-of-the art tactical training ground. The range is 25 yards long with 12 lanes, and Dorow said it will enable law enforcement to hold in-service sessions and specialty training there. It will be open at certain times for the public for target practice, and also for those who want to continue firearms training they started when they earned their concealed carry license.
"There will be more scenario-based training relevant to situations they could encounter," such as having your business robbed or a home burglary, Dorow said. He added that feedback from concealed carry students continues to indicate that they want more related training. "So we can offer training on how to react to different situations, but also technical assistance such as stance or even what they best gun for you is," Dorow said.
Information on membership and new course offerings will be available soon, Dorow said.
- Secure entrance, Discovery Lab part of improvements at Swallow School
- Pewaukee woman says trip to see Pope Francis in Philadelphia was a 'once in a lifetime' experience
- Lack of quorum by city of Delafield Plan Commission delays business openings, new home construction
- North Lake commissioners discuss reducing daily fish limits, marking sandbars
- Loaf & Jug Restaurant moving from Brookfield to Pewaukee (1)
- Strategic vision forum members sought by Kettle Moraine School District
- Area businessman offers to finance plan to shore up Pewaukee Lake's Bill Brown Island
- Pewaukee Village Board votes to create finance director-treasurer position
- Hartland Fire Department open house on tap Oct. 10
- Pewaukee's Horizon Elementary School holding grand opening of new space Thursday