Who's on the ballot?
A variety of state races are on today's ballot, in addition to the presidential race with President Barack Obama (D) and Mitt Romney (R) and hotly contested U.S. Senate race between Republican Tommy Thompson and Democrat Tammy Baldwin.
If you'd like to know more about the state candidates, visit the election section on our website, LivingLakeCountry.com.
Not sure who you're represented by? We can help with that, as well. Click on the election section, then follow the link that shows you who your elected officials are and tells you where you can vote.
Races among local officials include
Congressional District 5: Incumbent Jim Sensenbrenner (R) and Dave Heaster (D).
State Senate District 33: Reps. Paul Farrow and Chris Kapenga. This is a primary race for the seat vacated by Sen. Rich Zipperer when he left to take a position in Gov. Scott Walker's administration. Both Farrow and Kapenga are also seeking re-election to the Assembly.
Assembly District 98: Incumbent Paul Farrow (R) and Eric Prudent (D). Assembly District 37: Mary Arnold (D) and Jon Jagler (R).
Assembly District 38: Incumbent Joel Kleefisch (R), Scott Mihalak (D) and LeRoy Watson (L).
Assembly District 99: Chris Kapenga (R) and Thomas Hibbard (D).
Waukesha County Clerk: Kathleen Novack (R) and Jessie Read (D). Incumbent Kathy Nickolaus is not seeking re-eleciton.
- FAQs about Stone Bank School referendum
- Have questions about the North Lake School referendum? We have answers
- Interactive: Open enrollment swings funding more than $1 million for Oconomowoc, Kettle Moraine school districts
- In brief: Bell tower donor
- In brief: grand reopening for Realty Executives Integrity
- Anniversaries: Oct. 21, 2014
- Intersection of Highway 83 and 18 in Wales set for full closure Oct. 24-27
- History unfolds as Hawks Inn's quilts are added to national database
- Get your scare on at Fright Hike
- Election 2014: State Senate District 33 Voter's Guide