Who's on the ballot?
A variety of state races are on today's ballot, in addition to the presidential race with President Barack Obama (D) and Mitt Romney (R) and hotly contested U.S. Senate race between Republican Tommy Thompson and Democrat Tammy Baldwin.
If you'd like to know more about the state candidates, visit the election section on our website, LivingLakeCountry.com.
Not sure who you're represented by? We can help with that, as well. Click on the election section, then follow the link that shows you who your elected officials are and tells you where you can vote.
Races among local officials include
Congressional District 5: Incumbent Jim Sensenbrenner (R) and Dave Heaster (D).
State Senate District 33: Reps. Paul Farrow and Chris Kapenga. This is a primary race for the seat vacated by Sen. Rich Zipperer when he left to take a position in Gov. Scott Walker's administration. Both Farrow and Kapenga are also seeking re-election to the Assembly.
Assembly District 98: Incumbent Paul Farrow (R) and Eric Prudent (D). Assembly District 37: Mary Arnold (D) and Jon Jagler (R).
Assembly District 38: Incumbent Joel Kleefisch (R), Scott Mihalak (D) and LeRoy Watson (L).
Assembly District 99: Chris Kapenga (R) and Thomas Hibbard (D).
Waukesha County Clerk: Kathleen Novack (R) and Jessie Read (D). Incumbent Kathy Nickolaus is not seeking re-eleciton.
- Kapenga to be sworn into Senate Aug. 6 at Delafield Town Hall
- In brief: Home zoo fundraiser
- In brief: David Bromstad in Delafield, concussion class
- Controversy continues over Hwy. Q gas station
- Steinhafels Furniture in Pewaukee plans to expand warehouse, add jobs
- Sendik's Hartland Plaza on the rise
- Lake Country bike trail appreciation event on tap this weekend
- Delays in Merton road project
- 'Paper Towns' leaves something to be desired
- Duchow throws hat in ring for special election for 99th Assembly District seat