Who's on the ballot?
A variety of state races are on today's ballot, in addition to the presidential race with President Barack Obama (D) and Mitt Romney (R) and hotly contested U.S. Senate race between Republican Tommy Thompson and Democrat Tammy Baldwin.
If you'd like to know more about the state candidates, visit the election section on our website, LivingLakeCountry.com.
Not sure who you're represented by? We can help with that, as well. Click on the election section, then follow the link that shows you who your elected officials are and tells you where you can vote.
Races among local officials include
Congressional District 5: Incumbent Jim Sensenbrenner (R) and Dave Heaster (D).
State Senate District 33: Reps. Paul Farrow and Chris Kapenga. This is a primary race for the seat vacated by Sen. Rich Zipperer when he left to take a position in Gov. Scott Walker's administration. Both Farrow and Kapenga are also seeking re-election to the Assembly.
Assembly District 98: Incumbent Paul Farrow (R) and Eric Prudent (D). Assembly District 37: Mary Arnold (D) and Jon Jagler (R).
Assembly District 38: Incumbent Joel Kleefisch (R), Scott Mihalak (D) and LeRoy Watson (L).
Assembly District 99: Chris Kapenga (R) and Thomas Hibbard (D).
Waukesha County Clerk: Kathleen Novack (R) and Jessie Read (D). Incumbent Kathy Nickolaus is not seeking re-eleciton.
- In brief: Click It or Ticket
- In brief: Zachariah's Acres finalist for grant, Benedictine scholar at Nashotah House, Hartland band
- In brief: Fireworks fund benefit, duck and boat race, Sensenbrenner meetings
- Let the traffic jams begin: Prepare for Highway C bridge construction in Delafield this summer
- Pewaukee's CELA schedules open houses
- Lake Country Memorial Day programs scheduled
- Sports Authority now plans to close all stores
- Town of Merton to hire part-time employee to assist treasurer
- Arrowhead High School collects 831 pounds of medication at pill drop
- In brief: Pontoon boats at Oconomowoc City Beach, Zachariah's Acres a grant finalist, Oconomowoc PD