Write-in battle emerges in the City of Delafield
City of Delafield - Two candidates, one of them an incumbent, will be waging write-in campaigns in the Third Aldermanic District in the April 2 municipal election.
Jackie Valde registered Friday with the city clerk's office as a write-in candidate challenging incumbent Jane Lazynski who had registered as a write-in candidate the week before.
Lazynski had initially decided not to seek re-election. However, when no one filed candidacy petitions by the Jan. 5 deadline, she changed her mind.
Valde said she had intended to file her candidacy petitions earlier but unexpectedly had to leave the country because of a death in her family and was not able to return until after the Jan. 5 deadline.
Lazynski is a downtown business owner who was elected in April of 2012 to a district created by the 2011 reappointment required by the 2010 federal census. The district includes large portions of the downtown and south Nagawicka Lake residential and business districts.
Valde has been among a group of residents opposed to the proposed widening of Milwaukee Street. However, she said she is not a single-issue candidate and would look forward to working with her constituents and follow alderpersons on numerous issues.
- Waukesha County ranked among top 15 healthiest counties in Wisconsin
- Village Square senior living hearing delayed
- Tech Day connects generations
- Lake Country Fire and Rescue interim chief Kevin Keith wins praise from Delafield Mayor Michele DeYo
- No slowing down for Pewaukee resident Roy Schneider
- Pewaukee business owner offers reward for return of stolen computers
- Horizon School addition approved by village of Pewaukee Plan Commission
- Proposed Hartland memory care facility again receives board approval
- Mediocre storyline, lackluster characters infiltrate 'Insurgent'
- Hartland board extends deadline for vote on Sanctuary walking path