Write-in battle emerges in the City of Delafield
City of Delafield - Two candidates, one of them an incumbent, will be waging write-in campaigns in the Third Aldermanic District in the April 2 municipal election.
Jackie Valde registered Friday with the city clerk's office as a write-in candidate challenging incumbent Jane Lazynski who had registered as a write-in candidate the week before.
Lazynski had initially decided not to seek re-election. However, when no one filed candidacy petitions by the Jan. 5 deadline, she changed her mind.
Valde said she had intended to file her candidacy petitions earlier but unexpectedly had to leave the country because of a death in her family and was not able to return until after the Jan. 5 deadline.
Lazynski is a downtown business owner who was elected in April of 2012 to a district created by the 2011 reappointment required by the 2010 federal census. The district includes large portions of the downtown and south Nagawicka Lake residential and business districts.
Valde has been among a group of residents opposed to the proposed widening of Milwaukee Street. However, she said she is not a single-issue candidate and would look forward to working with her constituents and follow alderpersons on numerous issues.
- In brief: Good Harvest
- In briefs: balance snow ski
- Pewaukee reportedly may part ways with City Administrator Tammy LaBorde (1)
- City of Delafield to ponder appeal of gun club ruling, former mayor says don't waste tax money
- University Lake School to put on "The Wizard of Oz"
- Hartland village board approves Holt Electric Supply expansion plans
- Reel World, Feb. 10, 2016: No crowns for 'Caesar!'
- Lake Country private schools register for voucher program (1)
- One killed in Delafield car-tree crash, police investigating cause of Milwaukee Street crash
- Business brief: Grand openening, new office Fox Valley Fluid