Write-in battle emerges in the City of Delafield
City of Delafield - Two candidates, one of them an incumbent, will be waging write-in campaigns in the Third Aldermanic District in the April 2 municipal election.
Jackie Valde registered Friday with the city clerk's office as a write-in candidate challenging incumbent Jane Lazynski who had registered as a write-in candidate the week before.
Lazynski had initially decided not to seek re-election. However, when no one filed candidacy petitions by the Jan. 5 deadline, she changed her mind.
Valde said she had intended to file her candidacy petitions earlier but unexpectedly had to leave the country because of a death in her family and was not able to return until after the Jan. 5 deadline.
Lazynski is a downtown business owner who was elected in April of 2012 to a district created by the 2011 reappointment required by the 2010 federal census. The district includes large portions of the downtown and south Nagawicka Lake residential and business districts.
Valde has been among a group of residents opposed to the proposed widening of Milwaukee Street. However, she said she is not a single-issue candidate and would look forward to working with her constituents and follow alderpersons on numerous issues.
- Lake Country earns 17 national awards
- Krickhahn, MacDougall honored in Delafield
- City adopts changes to Village Square agreement
- Warrant identifies suspects possibly tied to death of Colton Sweitzer
- Lisbon, Sussex officials work to bridge gap, improve working relationship
- Delafield business partners recognized for heroism
- Pewaukee Fire Department seeks accreditation
- Paul Kanter, Clare Dundon bow out of Delafield town government after 20 years
- Pewaukee planners keep sports complex development moving
- In brief: Pewaukee manufacturer expansion