Write-in battle emerges in the City of Delafield
City of Delafield - Two candidates, one of them an incumbent, will be waging write-in campaigns in the Third Aldermanic District in the April 2 municipal election.
Jackie Valde registered Friday with the city clerk's office as a write-in candidate challenging incumbent Jane Lazynski who had registered as a write-in candidate the week before.
Lazynski had initially decided not to seek re-election. However, when no one filed candidacy petitions by the Jan. 5 deadline, she changed her mind.
Valde said she had intended to file her candidacy petitions earlier but unexpectedly had to leave the country because of a death in her family and was not able to return until after the Jan. 5 deadline.
Lazynski is a downtown business owner who was elected in April of 2012 to a district created by the 2011 reappointment required by the 2010 federal census. The district includes large portions of the downtown and south Nagawicka Lake residential and business districts.
Valde has been among a group of residents opposed to the proposed widening of Milwaukee Street. However, she said she is not a single-issue candidate and would look forward to working with her constituents and follow alderpersons on numerous issues.
- Controversy continues over Hwy. Q gas station
- Steinhafels Furniture in Pewaukee plans to expand warehouse, add jobs
- Sendik's Hartland Plaza on the rise
- Lake Country bike trail appreciation event on tap this weekend
- Delays in Merton road project
- 'Paper Towns' leaves something to be desired
- Duchow throws hat in ring for 99th
- Plan your August
- Business Briefs: July 28, 2015
- In brief: recycling and more, trivia contest, golf