Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Cross country: Mukwonago boys team takes fifth, girls sixth at Classic 8 cross country meet
- Yoga for cancer survivors offered
- Town of Mukwonago looks to end contract with North Prairie Fire Department
- Girls swimming: South/Mukwonago cruises past North/KM
- Town of Mukwonago nixes extra perks for part-time workers
- Boys soccer: Mukwonago finishes soccer season at KM
- Town of Mukwonago supervisors ask for more timely information
- Jim Jelinske rallies students in Mukwonago to put an end to bullying
- Girls volleyball: Mukwonago girls volleyball team provides a shock to Classic 8 order
- Show your true colors in Mukwonago High School SAVE 5K run