Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Mukwonago school district selects construction manager
- Aldi moving in to Mukwonago (1)
- Fourth of July festivities on tap in East Troy, Eagle
- Golf Scores 07/01/15
- Baseball: Despite injuries and diabetes, Nichols thrives in athletics for Mukwonago
- Baseball: Mukwonago splits battles
- Five years later, Eagle remembers the tornado that ripped through community (2)
- Mukwonago Chief's Carol Spaeth-Bauer named Outstanding Citizen of the Year
- Mukwonago Girl Scout earns highest scouting honor
- Basketball: Mukwonago saw future NBA draftees Tokoto, Looney