Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Girls basketball: With Cera off floor, Murphy leads Mukwonago's surge against Homestead
- Boys basketball: Mukwonago boys down West to snap late-season skid
- Big Bend public hearing sparks debate among neighbors
- Free workshops at Mukwonago, Eagle libraries will teach eco-friendly methods
- Mukwonago man shot in face while hunting
- Mukwonago quilting group to hold annual show
- Nicoson, Stefanowski advance to general election in town of Mukwonago chairman race
- Mukwonago School Board approves Eagle detachment petitions
- Melissa Thornton went from selling shirts from her car to owning Third Ward boutique Milwaukee Home
- Ex-Eagle trustee Rick Block: 'personal attack on (his) character' developed during final board meeting