Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Town of Mukwonago man saved from car fire
- Mukwonago, Eagle offer second police academy
- Village logo and business park could get a new look, name in Mukwonago
- REVIEW: 'Pixels' doesn't bring its 'A' game
- Should chickens, ducks be allowed in village of Eagle?
- Old World Wisconsin makes top 10 list for living history stops
- 'Paper Towns' leaves something to be desired
- Mukwonago summer drama brings Jack and the Beanstalk
- National Night Out coming up in Mukwonago, Big Bend and Eagle
- Mukwonago will celebrate Kiwanis International's 100-year anniversary with event in Field Park