Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Big Bend receives $2,500 donation for its fire department
- Video: Mukwonago police officer appeals 30-day suspension (4)
- Mukwonago pops concert coming up at Park View Middle School
- Reel World, Feb. 10, 2016: No crowns for 'Caesar!'
- Some town of Mukwonago residents will now vote at Hillside Church
- Mukwonago dance team earns state honors for ninth straight year
- Mukwonago High School hosting big band style concert
- Village of Mukwonago likely won't take over subdivisions' open space
- Mukwonago's Farmers Market growing as it enters 10th year
- Proposed 'major' changes for committee of whole meetings in Mukwonago