Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Mukwonago Bowling Scores 04/01/15
- Girls track and field: Field events shine for Mukwonago girls at Rempe Relays
- Waukesha County offers concealed carry weapon class
- Mukwonago High School listed among top AFS schools
- Mukwonago area briefs: Rep. Scott Allen holding listening session at Town Hall
- Mukwonago house, shed, barn burn scheduled for Saturday
- Mediocre storyline, lackluster characters infiltrate 'Insurgent'
- One dead in Mukwonago apartment fire above Fork in the Road restaurant
- Boys basketball: Mukwonago boys found bright spots
- Trustee candidates see village of Eagle police department, finances as priorities