Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Auditions for White Christmas held at Mukwonago High School
- Reel World: 'No Escape' offers uncomfortable suspense
- September is library card sign-up month
- Mukwonago school district joins Wisconsin School Mental Health Project
- Disc golf could sail into Minor Park in village of Mukwonago
- More than sport, Mukwonago team works to help others
- Changes, concerns addressed for Fountain Park apartment proposal in Mukwonago
- Street reconstruction underway in River Park Estates in Mukwonago
- Boys cross country: Mukwonago boys cross country runners break out at JV level
- Minor's Estates Subdivision agreements pass