Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- South/Mukwonago swimmers fall just short
- Boys soccer: Mukwonago soccer in race for conference title after win
- Girls golf: Mukwonago golfers win regional
- Football: Liam Chones scores four times, Mukwonago football stay alive in playoff hunt
- Girls tennis: Mukwonago advances five entrants to sectional
- Bowling Scores 10/07/15
- Papa Stache in Big Bend sees complaints about excessive noise at pub
- Mukwonago Police Department reminds drivers to stop for school buses
- Brush pickup under way in town of Vernon
- Mukwonago girls volleyball handles Waukesha North