Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Girls basketball: Mukwonago girls cruise past Blackshirts, Lasers
- Mukwonago Optimist Club sponsors "Build a Fishing Rod Day"
- Village of Mukwonago board approves Gearbox Express site plan
- Mukwonago Optimist club to sponsor scholarship event
- Bowling scores 12/24/14
- Wrestling: Mukwonago grapplers down Arrowhead
- Boys basketball: Mukwonago boys find themselves on slide
- Mukwonago Girl Scouts provide comfort to those in need through the Linus Project
- Yule Feed Families food drive collections break record in Mukwonago
- Kiwanis iPad project helping autistic children in Mukwonago