Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Bowling Scores 11/26/14
- Football: Younger, Essman first team for Mukwonago
- Wrestling: Smith leads Mukwonago wrestling returnees
- Fire department changes mean lower budget in North Prairie, but levy will increase because of drop in assessed value
- In brief: Hat, mitten tree
- 'Big Hero 6' beautiful, fun, but ending lacks Disney magic
- Bowling scores 11/19/14
- Girls swimming: Swimmers settle for third this time
- Mukwonago grad performs with Grammy-winning artist in Chicago
- Video: Prairie View Elementary named Mukwonago Area School District's second 'Blue Ribbon' school