Local girl crowned Miss Wisconsin Preteen
Payton Stehno, 12, daughter of Brad and Laura Stehno of the Town of Eagle, was crowned 2012 Miss Wisconsin Preteen National Teenager on March.
Payton was crowned through the American National Teenager Scholarship Organization (ANTSO). Academic excellence and community service were two large components of the competition.
Her responsibilities for the next year include continued service to her community and the State of Wisconsin. Most recently she led an effort to collect more than 1,000 pair of shoes for the Soles 4 Souls organization, which provides shoes to third-world countries and areas hit by natural disasters.
Payton will represent Wisconsin at the national competition in San Antonio, Texas, on July 28. In addition to numerous sponsorships from businesses and individuals, she also raised funds by holding a lemonade stand and selling hot dogs and brats at the Mukwonago Pick 'n Save.
- Girls volleyball: Mukwonago volleyball readies for sectional
- Good voter turnout expected at area polls for Nov. 4 election
- Lakeside closes, will reopen as Troy's Heaven City Supper Club at new location in Mukwonago
- Kwik Trip plans hit roadblock in Mukwonago
- East Troy Family Community Resource Center holding its annual silent auction fundraiser
- Cross country: Mukwonago runners kept from state showcase
- Church choirs, musicians will play at First Congregational Church of Mukwonago on Nov. 2
- Mukwonago High School singers join state choir
- Red flags prompt regulations on massage, escort services in village of Mukwonago
- Girls swimming: South/Mukwonago second at C8 meet