Fourth of July festivities
Independence Day will get off with a bang, as the skies will light up with fireworks all over Waukesha County, and streets will be crowded with patriotic floats, bikes and strollers decorated with the red, white and blue. Here's a sample of what you can look forward to locally. See complete listings of events throughout the region on our Web page, LivingLakeCountry.com.
Village of Big Bend
Fireworks will be held at Village Park at dusk July 5
Call (262) 662-2747 for more information.
Village of East Troy
Fireworks will be at the Amusement Park at dusk July 3
The parade will be held at 1 p.m. July 5
Call (262) 642-6255 for more information.
Muskego Fourth of July
6:30 p.m. July 3, Idle Isle Park, W182 S6666 Hardtke Drive. Performance by the Water Bugs; fireworks at dusk, at about 9 p.m.
Call (262) 679-4124 for more information.
City of Waukesha
Fireworks will be at the Waukesha County Expo Grounds, 1000 Northview Road at 9:30 p.m. July 4. Grounds open at 7 p.m.
Call (262) 524-3500 for more information
Old World Wisconsin
Events from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. July 4 at Old World Wisconsin, S103 W37890 Highway 67, Eagle
The Independence Day parade will be held at 1:30 p.m. followed by various activities, including a Civil War re-enactment
Call (262) 594-6300 for more information
Eagle Spring Lake
Eagle Spring Lake will hold its Independence Day activities on Saturday, July 4. The kids parade will be held behind Eagleville Elementary School at 10 a.m. with Engine Company 56 custard served after the parade of decorated bikes, wagons and strollers. All ages are welcome to participate, watch and enjoy custard.
At 7:30 p.m., the decorated boat parade begins. Participants should meet on the southeast end of the lake between 7 and 7:30 p.m. Bartolotta fireworks will be presented at dusk.
- Help those who served — donate to American Legion camp
- Prairie View recognized as a top Title I school for 2015-16
- Big Bend receives $2,500 donation for its fire department
- Video: Mukwonago police officer appeals 30-day suspension (6)
- Mukwonago pops concert coming up at Park View Middle School
- Reel World, Feb. 10, 2016: No crowns for 'Caesar!'
- Some town of Mukwonago residents will now vote at Hillside Church
- Mukwonago dance team earns state honors for ninth straight year
- Mukwonago High School hosting big band style concert
- Village of Mukwonago likely won't take over subdivisions' open space