Aldi's Mukwonago plan is delayed
Official: Aldi still committed to Mukwonago
Village of Mukwonago - It looks as if Mukwonago might have to wait a little longer for Aldi.
Representatives for the discount food store did not attend the Feb. 12 Plan Commission meeting as originally scheduled. Saying they needed more time for further review, the group removed its request for a conceptual land division and site plan from the Plan Commission agenda.
Marcia Sperber, director of real estate at Aldi Inc. said that new developments led to a desire to explore additional options before taking the plan back before the commission.
"We are very committed to finding a location in Mukwonago," Sperber said. "We would just like more time to explore other options in the area."
Sperber said that Aldi does not yet have a timeline to come back to the committee.
Aldi originally submitted the plan for the land between Waukesha State Bank and Culver's along Highway 83 at the north end of the village. The meeting would have provided an opportunity for the Plan Commission to review the concept and provide opinions back to Aldi. According to the documents filed, Aldi had worked closely with the village for more than a year over the proposed site.
The plan included new construction of a 17,036-square-foot building and 55 space parking lot to be shared with Culver's restaurant on 1.4 acres. In the proposal on file, the grocery store expected as many as 550 customer visits a day and would employ six people.
Right now Waukesha, Oconomowoc and Pewaukee are the closest for the discount-chain grocery store.
- Girls volleyball: Spikers hammering away during rebuild
- Girls cross country: Freshman Beyer opens eyes in winning KML CC meet
- Girls swimming: South/Mukwonago powerhouse looks to return atop throne
- Mukwonago Community Choir preparing for season of music
- DNR to look at alternatives for Mukwonago River Unit and Lulu Lake state properties
- Cross country: Signs promising for Mukwonago's Scherbarth, boys cross country team
- Girls golf: Mukwonago golfers win scramble, have good showing at invite
- Mukwonago High School alumnus dives into teaching — in China
- Local police cracking down on drunken driving with annual 'Drive Sober' campaign
- Judge mulls request to dismiss cemetery case