Expansion project breaks ground at LindenGrove Mukwonago
Construction has begun at the Linden Grove Mukwonago campus. The project will build an extension that will hold 15 new beds to the skilled nursing community.
Work began about a week and a half ago and will include converting two existing semiprivate rooms into two private rooms for a net gain of 13 new beds, which will accommodate short-term rehabilitation patients. When complete next June, the skilled nursing community will have 56 beds. Also included in the plan is a new waiting lounge, conference room, nursing station, additional storage space and two internal court yards. The 10,888-square-foot addition will be on the south side of the existing building.
The addition will cause the removal of 37 parking spaces; however, a 29-space parking lot will be constructed next to the addition.
Linden Court, the facility's memory care unit, underwent expansion last year with the addition of four rooms, and Linden Ridge saw the addition of several assisted-living units and the expansion of many one-bedroom and studio apartments.
Linden Grove Administrator Vern Larson explained that the addition was part of the facility's plan since they built the Mukwonago campus in 1998. Though Linden Grove hoped to have more beds, it was granted only 56 licensed beds based on the need at the time. However, the need has increased, with more physical therapy being done outside hospitals and in long-term care subacute units, which accommodate patients recovering from surgeries such as knee and hip replacements.
A groundbreaking ceremony is being held this afternoon for media and other guests.
- Mukwonago ranked high in "Best Towns to Raise a Family in Wisconsin"
- Fred Leppin was an institution around Mukwonago
- Road projects coming up around the Mukwonago area
- Honor flight takes local Mukwonago Korean War veteran to D.C.
- Girls soccer: Kickers pick up Classic 8 Conference win
- Track and field: Track sectional will present challenges across the board
- Mukwonago Sports Shorts 05/27/15
- Boys lacrosse: Mukwonago lacrosse downs Tosa
- Boys tennis: Tennis team heads into postseason on up note
- Boys golf: MHS golfers finish tied for third in C8