New route set for MHS homecoming parade
As Mukwonago High School students get ready to "Party 'til the end of time" for the 2012 homecoming, residents will see a change in the route for Friday's homecoming parade.
The parade will begin on Meadowview Lane, then heads south to Macarthur Drive, east to Rochester Street, south to Oakland Avenue, east to Division Street, and south to to the Mukwonago Community Library at Division and Washington.
Daily activities build up to the homecoming game against Waukesha South at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5.
Junior and senior girls suit up for the powder puff game at 7 p.m. Wednesday on the MHS football field. Admission is free to this community event, but bringing a canned item is suggested.
Thursday features the bonfire and car smash at 7 p.m. on the practice field as the MHS football team trashes a car decorated with the Waukesha South school colors.
Students will test their strength in a tug-of-war among all four classes; the winners will face the teachers during the pep rally at 2:30 p.m. Friday in the north gym.
Student groups will spend Friday building floats for the parade.
Homecoming court will be announced during Friday's pep rally, with the king and queen crowned at the formal dance, slated for 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday at Mukwonago High School. Advance tickets, sold during lunch hours, are $20. Tickets at the door are $40. Students must present their student identification for admission to the dance.
- Mukwonago JV boys basketball team stays undefeated
- Gymnastics: Gymnastics team finishes third
- Girls basketball: Mukwonago girls cruise past Blackshirts, Lasers
- Mukwonago Optimist Club sponsors "Build a Fishing Rod Day"
- Village of Mukwonago board approves Gearbox Express site plan
- Mukwonago Optimist club to sponsor scholarship event
- Bowling scores 12/24/14
- Wrestling: Mukwonago grapplers down Arrowhead
- Boys basketball: Mukwonago boys find themselves on slide
- Mukwonago Girl Scouts provide comfort to those in need through the Linus Project