Sol de Mexico to take place of Zeneli's
Village of Mukwonago — Zeneli's Family Restaurant, 507 Main St., has served its last meal as a family-owned restaurant. The space will become Sol de Mexico, owned by Froylan J. Mauricio of FJ Partners LLC.
John Zeneli, who started working in restaurants at age 14 and once served as a cook in the Ukranian Army, said it was always his dream to run a restaurant. Zeneli has run the Mukwonago restaurant for seven years and decided to sell at his doctor's recommendation.
"I had hoped to retire here, but according to my doctor my life will get shorter if I do that," Zeneli said. "I'll have to find something else. It's sad, but I have no choice."
Val Zeneli said she will miss working with her family every day.
"My mom has been coming in a lot ,and she cries and takes pictures of everything. It will certainly be a change," Val Zeneli said.
The restaurant was closed for a few days earlier this week for remodeling and is scheduled to reopen Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Girls basketball: Glatczak's triple-double leads Mukwonago in opener
- Bowling Scores 11/26/14
- Football: Younger, Essman first team for Mukwonago
- Wrestling: Smith leads Mukwonago wrestling returnees
- Fire department changes mean lower budget in North Prairie, but levy will increase because of drop in assessed value
- In brief: Hat, mitten tree
- 'Big Hero 6' beautiful, fun, but ending lacks Disney magic
- Bowling scores 11/19/14
- Girls swimming: Swimmers settle for third this time
- Mukwonago grad performs with Grammy-winning artist in Chicago