Sol de Mexico to take place of Zeneli's
Village of Mukwonago — Zeneli's Family Restaurant, 507 Main St., has served its last meal as a family-owned restaurant. The space will become Sol de Mexico, owned by Froylan J. Mauricio of FJ Partners LLC.
John Zeneli, who started working in restaurants at age 14 and once served as a cook in the Ukranian Army, said it was always his dream to run a restaurant. Zeneli has run the Mukwonago restaurant for seven years and decided to sell at his doctor's recommendation.
"I had hoped to retire here, but according to my doctor my life will get shorter if I do that," Zeneli said. "I'll have to find something else. It's sad, but I have no choice."
Val Zeneli said she will miss working with her family every day.
"My mom has been coming in a lot ,and she cries and takes pictures of everything. It will certainly be a change," Val Zeneli said.
The restaurant was closed for a few days earlier this week for remodeling and is scheduled to reopen Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Mukwonago High School DECA wins 16 awards at marketing competition
- Village of Mukwonago taxes increasing by less than 1 percent
- Reel World: 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'
- Mukwonago Community Library's reorganization plan halted (2)
- Mukwonago community briefs: Jam for Matt, breakfast with Santa
- Yule Feed Families food drive needs you
- Communities react to Farrow's shared fire/EMS service idea across Waukesha County (1)
- Town of Mukwonago to consider a spending plan on fixing its old roads
- Library CAFE system to be down in early December in Waukesha and Jefferson County
- Mukwonago High School students helping take sting out of cancer