Sol de Mexico to take place of Zeneli's
Village of Mukwonago — Zeneli's Family Restaurant, 507 Main St., has served its last meal as a family-owned restaurant. The space will become Sol de Mexico, owned by Froylan J. Mauricio of FJ Partners LLC.
John Zeneli, who started working in restaurants at age 14 and once served as a cook in the Ukranian Army, said it was always his dream to run a restaurant. Zeneli has run the Mukwonago restaurant for seven years and decided to sell at his doctor's recommendation.
"I had hoped to retire here, but according to my doctor my life will get shorter if I do that," Zeneli said. "I'll have to find something else. It's sad, but I have no choice."
Val Zeneli said she will miss working with her family every day.
"My mom has been coming in a lot ,and she cries and takes pictures of everything. It will certainly be a change," Val Zeneli said.
The restaurant was closed for a few days earlier this week for remodeling and is scheduled to reopen Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Mukwonago High School IT Academy — preparing students for technology careers
- Big Bend annexes Rural Home Cemetery and Edgewood Avenue
- Work under I-43 on Evergreen Drive in Mukwonago to begin Sept. 8
- Mukwonago opposes median closure at Highway 83 and Arrowhead Drive
- Annual bluegrass festival comes to East Troy
- Auditions for White Christmas held at Mukwonago High School
- Reel World: 'No Escape' offers uncomfortable suspense
- September is library card sign-up month
- Mukwonago school district joins Wisconsin School Mental Health Project
- Disc golf could sail into Minor Park in village of Mukwonago