Sol de Mexico to take place of Zeneli's
Village of Mukwonago — Zeneli's Family Restaurant, 507 Main St., has served its last meal as a family-owned restaurant. The space will become Sol de Mexico, owned by Froylan J. Mauricio of FJ Partners LLC.
John Zeneli, who started working in restaurants at age 14 and once served as a cook in the Ukranian Army, said it was always his dream to run a restaurant. Zeneli has run the Mukwonago restaurant for seven years and decided to sell at his doctor's recommendation.
"I had hoped to retire here, but according to my doctor my life will get shorter if I do that," Zeneli said. "I'll have to find something else. It's sad, but I have no choice."
Val Zeneli said she will miss working with her family every day.
"My mom has been coming in a lot ,and she cries and takes pictures of everything. It will certainly be a change," Val Zeneli said.
The restaurant was closed for a few days earlier this week for remodeling and is scheduled to reopen Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Kwik Trip plans hit roadblock in Mukwonago
- Cross country: Mukwonago boys team takes fifth, girls sixth at Classic 8 cross country meet
- Yoga for cancer survivors offered
- Town of Mukwonago looks to end contract with North Prairie Fire Department
- Girls swimming: South/Mukwonago cruises past North/KM
- Town of Mukwonago nixes extra perks for part-time workers
- Boys soccer: Mukwonago finishes soccer season at KM
- Town of Mukwonago supervisors ask for more timely information
- Jim Jelinske rallies students in Mukwonago to put an end to bullying
- Girls volleyball: Mukwonago girls volleyball team provides a shock to Classic 8 order