Sol de Mexico to take place of Zeneli's
Village of Mukwonago — Zeneli's Family Restaurant, 507 Main St., has served its last meal as a family-owned restaurant. The space will become Sol de Mexico, owned by Froylan J. Mauricio of FJ Partners LLC.
John Zeneli, who started working in restaurants at age 14 and once served as a cook in the Ukranian Army, said it was always his dream to run a restaurant. Zeneli has run the Mukwonago restaurant for seven years and decided to sell at his doctor's recommendation.
"I had hoped to retire here, but according to my doctor my life will get shorter if I do that," Zeneli said. "I'll have to find something else. It's sad, but I have no choice."
Val Zeneli said she will miss working with her family every day.
"My mom has been coming in a lot ,and she cries and takes pictures of everything. It will certainly be a change," Val Zeneli said.
The restaurant was closed for a few days earlier this week for remodeling and is scheduled to reopen Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Mukwonago School District students could see a new name on their buses in fall
- Big Bend moves on with permit despite concerns
- Mukwonago bookmaking experience builds friends, writing skills
- Musician Eddie Cash will perform at the American Legion Post 375 in Mukwonago
- Women's Club of East Troy celebrates 41 years of Art and Artisan Craft fair
- Chief on the Street: Top news stories in this week's Mukwonago Chief
- North Prairie man dies after motorcycle/car crash in Mukwonago
- Neighbors express concern at hearing for fill site in Big Bend
- Parade to celebrate Memorial Day in Mukwonago
- Town of Mukwonago tops list of area road construction projects