Sol de Mexico to take place of Zeneli's
Village of Mukwonago — Zeneli's Family Restaurant, 507 Main St., has served its last meal as a family-owned restaurant. The space will become Sol de Mexico, owned by Froylan J. Mauricio of FJ Partners LLC.
John Zeneli, who started working in restaurants at age 14 and once served as a cook in the Ukranian Army, said it was always his dream to run a restaurant. Zeneli has run the Mukwonago restaurant for seven years and decided to sell at his doctor's recommendation.
"I had hoped to retire here, but according to my doctor my life will get shorter if I do that," Zeneli said. "I'll have to find something else. It's sad, but I have no choice."
Val Zeneli said she will miss working with her family every day.
"My mom has been coming in a lot ,and she cries and takes pictures of everything. It will certainly be a change," Val Zeneli said.
The restaurant was closed for a few days earlier this week for remodeling and is scheduled to reopen Wednesday, Nov. 6.
- Mukwonago ranked high in 'Best Towns to Raise a Family in Wisconsin'
- Fred Leppin was an institution around Mukwonago
- Road projects coming up around the Mukwonago area
- Honor flight takes local Mukwonago Korean War veteran to D.C.
- Girls soccer: Kickers pick up Classic 8 Conference win
- Track and field: Track sectional will present challenges across the board
- Mukwonago Sports Shorts 05/27/15
- Boys lacrosse: Mukwonago lacrosse downs Tosa
- Boys tennis: Tennis team heads into postseason on up note
- Boys golf: MHS golfers finish tied for third in C8