Mukwonago Schools Superintendent Paul Strobel steps down to allow new leadership
After 35 years with the Mukwonago Area School District, Superintendent Paul Strobel announced his retirement Monday night, effective July 21.
"I make this decision on the same basis I have attempted to make all my decisions these past 31 years. I believe it is in the best interest of the students, staff and community. It is time for new leadership," Strobel said in a prepared statement read by School Board President Loren Tieman.
"Even on the most challenging days, I loved this job because I had the opportunity to work with motivated students, outstanding professional educators, dedicated staff, a great administrative team and a supportive school board and community," Strobel continued. "I thank all of you and most of all God for giving me the privilege, the honor, and the joy of serving you these many years."
Strobel served as principal at Park View Middle School for four years before taking the helm as superintendent.
"The best years for the Mukwonago Schools are yet to come, and I know the district will become an even better place to work and learn," Strobel concluded.
"Although we knew that this day would come, it still is a difficult pill to swallow," Tieman said. "These will be very big shoes to fill. You have been a mentor and friend to man, and I believe I speak for this board - this community: Your leadership and your guidance will be missed by all."
Many of the district's principals were on hand for the announcement and joined School Board members as they stood to applaud Strobel.
The School Board will need to determine the procedure to follow in hiring a new superintendent.
- Mukwonago ranked high in 'Best Towns to Raise a Family in Wisconsin'
- Fred Leppin was an institution around Mukwonago
- Road projects coming up around the Mukwonago area
- Honor flight takes local Mukwonago Korean War veteran to D.C.
- Girls soccer: Kickers pick up Classic 8 Conference win
- Track and field: Track sectional will present challenges across the board
- Mukwonago Sports Shorts 05/27/15
- Boys lacrosse: Mukwonago lacrosse downs Tosa
- Boys tennis: Tennis team heads into postseason on up note
- Boys golf: MHS golfers finish tied for third in C8