The time to donate is now
The Mukwonago Publications Yule Feed Families food drive continues at a good pace to provide much-needed support to local food pantries during the holiday season, adding more than $1,000 and 16 nonperishable food items last week.
The Derra family of Mukwonago contributed $300 to the effort, and the Peters family added $100 and Rosanne Day added $100. Tim and Pat Vandehey donated $50 to each food pantry, and Ryan and Diane Litwin contributed $50 for the Mukwonago Food Pantry. Hayley and Alec Bemis also donated $20 to the Mukwonago Food Pantry. Other anonymous donations totaled more than $300 to bring the total donations to nearly $3,000 so far.
There is still time to help feed families by dropping off or mailing your donation to Mukwonago Publications, 111 N. Rochester St., Suite 3. Nonperishable items can be dropped off during regular business hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday through Dec. 20. Checks should be written out to the food pantry of choice and not to the Mukwonago Chief.
Yule Feed Families benefits the Mukwonago Food Pantry at 325 Eagle Lake Ave. and the Kitchen Kupboard Food Pantry housed in Mount Olive Church at 211 Main St. Both food pantries follow income levels at or below the federally approved Department of Public Health limits.
To sign up and qualify, interested residents should bring to the pantry proof of residency, such as a utility or phone bill, proof of income and Social Security card.
- Boys soccer: Mukwonago finishes soccer season at KM
- Town of Mukwonago supervisors ask for more timely information
- Jim Jelinske rallies students in Mukwonago to put an end to bullying
- Girls volleyball: Mukwonago provides a shock to Classic 8 order
- Show your true colors in Mukwonago High School SAVE 5K run
- Wines in Wild to benefit Mukwonago Food Pantry
- Girls golf: Weather drowns Mukwonago at state golf
- Mukwonago senior lunches for Oct. 20-24, 2014 at BirchRock Apartments
- Mukwonago Sports Shorts: Boys volleyball, JV football
- Bowling Scores 10/15/14