The time to donate is now
The Mukwonago Publications Yule Feed Families food drive continues at a good pace to provide much-needed support to local food pantries during the holiday season, adding more than $1,000 and 16 nonperishable food items last week.
The Derra family of Mukwonago contributed $300 to the effort, and the Peters family added $100 and Rosanne Day added $100. Tim and Pat Vandehey donated $50 to each food pantry, and Ryan and Diane Litwin contributed $50 for the Mukwonago Food Pantry. Hayley and Alec Bemis also donated $20 to the Mukwonago Food Pantry. Other anonymous donations totaled more than $300 to bring the total donations to nearly $3,000 so far.
There is still time to help feed families by dropping off or mailing your donation to Mukwonago Publications, 111 N. Rochester St., Suite 3. Nonperishable items can be dropped off during regular business hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday through Dec. 20. Checks should be written out to the food pantry of choice and not to the Mukwonago Chief.
Yule Feed Families benefits the Mukwonago Food Pantry at 325 Eagle Lake Ave. and the Kitchen Kupboard Food Pantry housed in Mount Olive Church at 211 Main St. Both food pantries follow income levels at or below the federally approved Department of Public Health limits.
To sign up and qualify, interested residents should bring to the pantry proof of residency, such as a utility or phone bill, proof of income and Social Security card.
- Tax rate will increase slightly in village of Eagle
- Mukwonago food pantries ensure everyone will have Thanksgiving meal
- Taxes will go up for town of Mukwonago residents with levy increasing by 2.7 percent
- Help the Mukwonago Chief help those less fortunate in its Yule Feed Families food drive
- Video: Mukwonago couple cha-chas to the top
- Mukwonago Community Briefs: Christmas in Vernon, Blue Christmas service
- Election 2015: Many municipal positions expire in April of next year
- Boys basketball: New faces, same goal for Mukwonago boys
- Girls basketball: Glatczak's triple-double leads Mukwonago in season opener
- Bowling Scores 11/26/14