What is the future of Highway 83 through the Village of Mukwonago?
Village of Mukwonago - With plans for Highway 83 through the village still in the formative stage, a public open house on the future of the highway's path will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, at Village Hall, 440 River Crest Court. The open house will include information showing the history and future improvement options for the highway.
The purpose of the open house is to share with the public the planning work that has been done to date by the village on the existing Highway 83 corridor, share information about a study being conducted by the village and the state Department of Transportation (DOT) regarding the Highway NN and Holz Parkway corridor and to obtain input from the community and address concerns and questions.
The informational meeting is hosted by the Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC), which was formed by the Village Board in 2011 to work with DOT on planning alternatives. The group, which consists of representative residents, business owners and village officials, has been meeting since April 2011 to provide some input from the village on how the downtown area will look with future highway improvements.
Based on standards of safety and access at main intersections in the village, the DOT approached the village a few years ago about highway development, according to Advisory Committee Acting Chairman Mike Sellenheim. As officials began looking at the project, DOT standards indicated the minimum upgrade for Highway 83 through the village would require four lanes and a turn lane. The SAC is exploring how road changes would affect the village, upgrade and maintenance costs involved with different options, and how street changes would affect the look of the village.
"Now is the time to get the questions and concerns from the community," Sellenheim noted, "so we can make an intelligent recommendation."
Questions can be directed to Sellenheim at email@example.com or Village Clerk-Treasurer Steve Braatz at (262) 363-6420.
When: 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16 Where: Mukwonago Village Hall, 440 River Crest Court
Why: Look at possible improvements to Highway 83 through the village
- Girls basketball: Turnovers, second-quarter struggle hurt Mukwonago as Waukesha West advances
- Free GMO movie screening in East Troy
- 'Lazarus Effect' can't survive its resurrection theme
- Palmyra-Eagle Area School District shoots down detachment petitions
- Fiddler on the Roof opens to standing ovations at Mukwonago High School
- Mukwonago Bowling Scores 03/04/15
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect in town of Eagle
- Wrestling: Video: Mukwonago's Nathan Smith wins state wrestling championship
- Girls basketball: With Cera off floor, Murphy leads Mukwonago's surge against Homestead
- Boys basketball: Mukwonago takes down Waukesha West to snap late-season skid