City of Oconomowoc - Come see for yourself the "wow" packed into the new 21,000-square-foot Community Center that offers stunning views of Lac La Belle.
The city officially unveils its new downtown jewel with a grand opening ceremony from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7. A ribbon-cutting is planned for 5:30 p.m.
The new rec center is a far cry from the rundown facility that once stood down the road. Parks, Recreation and Forestry Director John Kelliher said on several occasions how the design of the new space was tweaked and retweaked to keep the entire community in mind.
Select our related stories to read about the makeup of the City of Oconomowoc's new center of attraction.
- Oconomowoc Rec News: March 5, 2015
- Oconomowoc Area School District summer school online registration begins March 9
- Oconomowoc drug disposal efforts continue with help from the state attorney general
- Oconomowoc chili competition to raise money for military veteran causes
- Torchy Dames, World War II vet and service organization leader, dies at 95
- Enviromental presentations offered in Oconomowoc with coffee
- Tannahill Weavers to bring Celtic spirit to the Oconomowoc Arts Center stage
- The Oconomowoc High School Band Aids to host the annual jazz dance on Friday, Feb. 27
- Veterans Memorial Park project gets volunteer help from Oconomowoc High School students
- Once a foster kid, Ixonia student's service project helps other children entering foster care