Roger Rindo new Oconomowoc superintendent
Oconomowoc Area School District — Roger J. Rindo is expected to be presented to the School Board tonight as the district’s next superintendent, according to multiple sources connected to the finalist process.
Rindo’s hire, pending successful negotiation of a compensation package, is slated to be discussed in a closed session after the regular School Board meeting. The board will reconvene into open session to take action on the contract.
Rindo, currently superintendent of the Tomahawk School District since 2008, was one of three finalists for the role.
His experience includes serving as the director of secondary education for the Wausau School District from 2000-08, and as assistant principal for Wausau High School from 1996-2000. Rindo also taught English at East Troy High School from 1989-90.
Other contenders for the top spot included Ron Russ, former Oconomowoc intermediate school principal and current superintendent of the Merton School District, and Oconomowoc resident Paul Mielke, principal of West Allis Central High School.
School Board President Don Wiemer said in a previous interview that the search process, conducted by Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, produced an impressive field of strong candidates.
The selection process for the new superintendent included an online community survey to determine the desired characteristics sought, followed by several community engagement sessions.
When the applicants were narrowed down to the final three, a 15-member panel composed of administrators, staff, parents and community members interviewed each of the finalists.
Those interviews were followed by board interviews the same evening and included tours of district facilities.
Last Saturday board members met to make their final choice.
Earlier this year Rindo was one of two finalists for the Chippewa Falls superintendent job.
Rindo will replace Superintendent Pat Neudecker, who is retiring at the end of the school year.
Photo credit: The Chippewa Herald
- Murder case for Summit resident Shawn Witt prolonged again
- Oconomowoc man accused of trespassing facing new charges
- Police identify body of woman pulled from Oconomowoc Lake
- ORBIS in Oconomowoc recognized as environmentally friendly
- Cruisin' Highway 16 Car Show coming back to Oconomowoc
- Hwy. 67 shops in Oconomowoc agree to use social media to overcome downturn
- Pillards' gardens will be in Oconomowoc Woman's Club event
- The community is invited to the fifth annual Oconomowoc Arts Center open house
- Ixonia neighborhood provides seats for Pete's recovery walk
- Video: Oconomowoc shoe repair shop has adapted to thrive; yet, the art of shoe repair is fading