Thursday fire damages most of Ixonia home
Town of Ixonia – Ten crews spent more than five hours assisting the Ixonia Fire Department to extinguish a blaze Thursday night at N8517 Pleasant Valley Lane likely caused by a faulty chimney pipe. The fire that caused around $120,000 in damage to the home with an assessed value of $212,900 and was reported by a neighbor around 7 p.m. The family was not home at the time and crews rescued a dog unharmed.
Crews managed to save the attached garage; two rooms of the three-bedroom home were left with water and fire damage. Ixonia Fire Chief, Matt Petrie, said 75 percent of the house was damaged by the fire by the time firefighters were able to cut through the ceiling, pull the insulation out and extinguish the fire.
Ixonia Fire and EMS were assisted by fire departments from Oconomowoc, Town of Summit, Johnson Creek, Watertown, Sullivan, Rome, Helenville, Lebanon and the Western Waukesha Rapid Intervention Crew Team. We Energies also responded to disconnect power to the house and Ixonia Support Services and Jefferson County Sheriff's Department Emergency Communications were also on scene.
- Okauchee man advances to semifinals of the 12 annual Wisconsin Governor's Business Plan Contest
- Oconomowoc needs more info before allowing utilities for planned corporate campus in Summit
- Oconomowoc police department welcomes new officer
- Owner says Porticello restaurant in Oconomowoc to adopt ambiance of Milwaukee's John Hawks Pub
- Oconomowoc council denies damages claim in Fowler Lake Village lawsuit
- Nature Hill Intermediate School presents Oklahoma
- Oconomowoc facing new lawsuit in old eminent domain battle
- Oconomowoc High School students helped build a home in Lakewood Estates subdivision
- Silver Lake Intermediate School presents Disney's Mulan Jr. at the Oconomow Arts Center
- Water main break on Westover Street in Oconomowoc should be repaired by early afternoon