It's finally time to play at Imagination Station
Playground's grand opening Sunday in Roosevelt Park
Imagination Station, Waukesha County's first universally accessible play space in Roosevelt Park, will celebrate its highly anticipated grand opening from 2 to 2:30 p.m. this Sunday and will include brief comments representing families, donors, volunteers and officials involved with the planning and execution of the park. After this presentation, the playground will finally be opened for use.
The building of the playground, which took place June 2 through 7 at Roosevelt Park, was made possible by the efforts of thousands of volunteers from the greater Oconomowoc and surrounding communities. All provisions for the successful completion of the project relied upon donations of money, time, expertise, materials, and food from hundreds of individuals, businesses, churches and volunteer groups whose combined efforts literally "raised the barn" that is now a unique asset for the community.
Initiated by support from the GFWC-Oconomowoc Junior Woman's Club by member Cathy Schreiber, joined by fellow member Jenifer Hilander, Imagination Station's initial design included input from children at all area schools. Over time, the dream on paper has translated to actual boards, paint and rubberized surfacing, chosen to accommodate children of all abilities.
Efforts over the past 18 months of a community-wide steering team responsible for all areas of planning including general oversight of the project, childcare, children's involvement, construction captains, food, fundraising, materials, public relations, special needs and design, tools and individual and group volunteers.
Imagination Station is located next to the Waukesha County Interurban Trail which in the future will connect to the Lake Country Trail and the Watertown/Oconomowoc Trail.
For information, contact the Public Relations Committee Chair: Lisa Geason-Bauer, (262) 354-0341, or Lisa@evolu tionmarketing.biz
- Lake Country trick-or-treat times 2015
- Oconomowoc fall highway cleanup project needs volunteers
- Oconomowoc businesses on Summit Avenue announce scavenger hunt
- News IQ: Oct. 1
- Coming soon to The New Theatre on Main, 'Nunsense!'
- Gala raises about $100,000 for Lake Area Free Clinic
- Oconomowoc chamber announces annual award winners (1)
- Oconomowoc High School symphony invited to festival, needs $38,000
- No Oconomowoc kids tested positive for alcohol use at homecoming game
- Oconomowoc High School drug testing appears to have had zero effect on participation