Chill out Feb. 6 at Ice Fishing Jamboree
City of Oconomowoc — Area anglers are casting their lines and setting their sights on an upcoming Ice Fishing Jamboree on Fowler Lake.
Hosted by Lakerz Sports Bar & Grill, 118 E. Wisconsin Ave., the event will be held on Fowler Lake from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 6.
There is a $10 entry fee and 100 percent of the cash will be paid back in prizes.
Lynn Reed, of Lakerz, said they expect anywhere from 50 to 100 participants.
Positive feedback from last year has helped generate interest for the upcoming contest.
"We've had people calling all week," for information, Reed said.
Prizes will be given for the longest game and pan fish; other categories will be announced the morning of the Jamboree. Door prizes and raffle items, including an ice shanty, will also be awarded.
Lakerz will also be hosting homegrown musical talent with local singer Brooklynn, who will be having a CD release party there from 4 to 7 p.m., following the fishing competition.
Reed said their Jamboree offers advantages for participants, with their location adjacent to the lake.
"They can come inside if they get cold or hungry or thirsty. All they have to do is come in the back door," she said.
Registration will close at 8 a.m. the day of the event.
Call (262) 569-2734 to register and for more information.
- Santa is coming to town in holiday parade
- Harley event raises $146,000 for research
- First Bank Financial Centre announces 'Holi-Days of Giving'
- Oconomowoc man accused of selling 'designer' drugs to police informant
- Community Briefs: Oct. 30, 2014
- Pewaukee Pick 'n Save to host upcoming 'Art Day' event for hospice
- Winter farmers market to open again in Oconomowoc
- Voter turnout projected to be similar to 2012 recall election numbers
- Oconomowoc Area School District details proposed random student drug testing program (4)
- Meadow View's buddy bench fosters friendships