Chill out Feb. 6 at Ice Fishing Jamboree
City of Oconomowoc — Area anglers are casting their lines and setting their sights on an upcoming Ice Fishing Jamboree on Fowler Lake.
Hosted by Lakerz Sports Bar & Grill, 118 E. Wisconsin Ave., the event will be held on Fowler Lake from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 6.
There is a $10 entry fee and 100 percent of the cash will be paid back in prizes.
Lynn Reed, of Lakerz, said they expect anywhere from 50 to 100 participants.
Positive feedback from last year has helped generate interest for the upcoming contest.
"We've had people calling all week," for information, Reed said.
Prizes will be given for the longest game and pan fish; other categories will be announced the morning of the Jamboree. Door prizes and raffle items, including an ice shanty, will also be awarded.
Lakerz will also be hosting homegrown musical talent with local singer Brooklynn, who will be having a CD release party there from 4 to 7 p.m., following the fishing competition.
Reed said their Jamboree offers advantages for participants, with their location adjacent to the lake.
"They can come inside if they get cold or hungry or thirsty. All they have to do is come in the back door," she said.
Registration will close at 8 a.m. the day of the event.
Call (262) 569-2734 to register and for more information.
- Yoga on the Green benefits participants and the community
- More road closures coming along Highway 67 in Oconomowoc
- U Brew U school in Oconomowoc is ready for suds students
- Oconomowoc council approves rezoning for proposed subdivision
- Lake Area Free Clinic gears up for annual gala event
- ProHealth chosen as partner in new Oconomowoc Area School District drug testing policy
- Rep. Chris Kapenga easily wins District 33 state Senate seat in Waukesha County
- Oconomowoc Alderman David Nold named interim mayor (1)
- The Oconomowoc Area Historical Society & Museum is hosting a geocaching adventure on July 25
- Game nights at Oconomowoc Public Library aimed at teens