Chill out Feb. 6 at Ice Fishing Jamboree
City of Oconomowoc — Area anglers are casting their lines and setting their sights on an upcoming Ice Fishing Jamboree on Fowler Lake.
Hosted by Lakerz Sports Bar & Grill, 118 E. Wisconsin Ave., the event will be held on Fowler Lake from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 6.
There is a $10 entry fee and 100 percent of the cash will be paid back in prizes.
Lynn Reed, of Lakerz, said they expect anywhere from 50 to 100 participants.
Positive feedback from last year has helped generate interest for the upcoming contest.
"We've had people calling all week," for information, Reed said.
Prizes will be given for the longest game and pan fish; other categories will be announced the morning of the Jamboree. Door prizes and raffle items, including an ice shanty, will also be awarded.
Lakerz will also be hosting homegrown musical talent with local singer Brooklynn, who will be having a CD release party there from 4 to 7 p.m., following the fishing competition.
Reed said their Jamboree offers advantages for participants, with their location adjacent to the lake.
"They can come inside if they get cold or hungry or thirsty. All they have to do is come in the back door," she said.
Registration will close at 8 a.m. the day of the event.
Call (262) 569-2734 to register and for more information.
- Two OASD board members face three challenges in primary election
- Oconomowoc school administrators testify in support of making school shooting threats a felony
- Freeway, ramp closures coming soon along Highway 67 in Oconomowoc
- Gas leak that caused evacuations of seven homes blamed on vehicle striking a meter
- Oconomowoc High School Players present the senior directed show 'Almost, Maine'
- In brief: Recycling, chili
- Upcoming events
- Disney's 'The Little Mermaid JR' opening soon at The New Theatre on Main in Oconomowoc
- Music event at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc results in 23 arrests, felony charges (10)
- First ever Lake Country Film Festival to feature work created by area high school students