Chill out Feb. 6 at Ice Fishing Jamboree
City of Oconomowoc — Area anglers are casting their lines and setting their sights on an upcoming Ice Fishing Jamboree on Fowler Lake.
Hosted by Lakerz Sports Bar & Grill, 118 E. Wisconsin Ave., the event will be held on Fowler Lake from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 6.
There is a $10 entry fee and 100 percent of the cash will be paid back in prizes.
Lynn Reed, of Lakerz, said they expect anywhere from 50 to 100 participants.
Positive feedback from last year has helped generate interest for the upcoming contest.
"We've had people calling all week," for information, Reed said.
Prizes will be given for the longest game and pan fish; other categories will be announced the morning of the Jamboree. Door prizes and raffle items, including an ice shanty, will also be awarded.
Lakerz will also be hosting homegrown musical talent with local singer Brooklynn, who will be having a CD release party there from 4 to 7 p.m., following the fishing competition.
Reed said their Jamboree offers advantages for participants, with their location adjacent to the lake.
"They can come inside if they get cold or hungry or thirsty. All they have to do is come in the back door," she said.
Registration will close at 8 a.m. the day of the event.
Call (262) 569-2734 to register and for more information.
- Park Lawn second grade teacher chosen as Kohl Fellowship recipient
- Proposed Oconomowoc watershed rehab program praised by common council
- Mourning Democratic leader Dick Pas
- Oconomowoc council votes down early revision of school e-cig ban
- In brief: Microbrewer, water park passes
- House sustains minor damage in March 22 fire
- Oconomowoc council approves easement tied to Highway 67 underpass
- Police probe missing money from sale of school district scrap material
- Wisconsin DOT to update local business owners on Highway 67 construction
- The OAC will enter spring and summer run with ComedySortz