Chill out Feb. 6 at Ice Fishing Jamboree
City of Oconomowoc — Area anglers are casting their lines and setting their sights on an upcoming Ice Fishing Jamboree on Fowler Lake.
Hosted by Lakerz Sports Bar & Grill, 118 E. Wisconsin Ave., the event will be held on Fowler Lake from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Feb. 6.
There is a $10 entry fee and 100 percent of the cash will be paid back in prizes.
Lynn Reed, of Lakerz, said they expect anywhere from 50 to 100 participants.
Positive feedback from last year has helped generate interest for the upcoming contest.
"We've had people calling all week," for information, Reed said.
Prizes will be given for the longest game and pan fish; other categories will be announced the morning of the Jamboree. Door prizes and raffle items, including an ice shanty, will also be awarded.
Lakerz will also be hosting homegrown musical talent with local singer Brooklynn, who will be having a CD release party there from 4 to 7 p.m., following the fishing competition.
Reed said their Jamboree offers advantages for participants, with their location adjacent to the lake.
"They can come inside if they get cold or hungry or thirsty. All they have to do is come in the back door," she said.
Registration will close at 8 a.m. the day of the event.
Call (262) 569-2734 to register and for more information.
- Ice boat captain rescued from open water on Lac La Belle
- Rescue teams save ice boat pilot from open water in Lac La Belle in Oconomowoc
- Holiday season can bring injuries, stress—but it doesn't have to
- Programs offers non-medical home care for seniors living independently
- Oconomowoc alderman is not violating any state statutes, Van Hollen says
- Former downtown business owner ordained as Pastor
- Video: St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Oconomowoc to celebrate its 150th anniversary
- Yule Feed drive heads into final days
- Register next month for 4K-5K Kindergarten in Oconomowoc
- Board green lights architecture firm to help with facilities planning