Arts are hoppin' at Willows Gallery
Business welcomes new artists, offers spring classes
Willows Gallery, 126 E. Wisconsin Ave., welcomes the art of Kris Bertling and Shari Dempski of Wired who make handmade wired utensils.
The gallery also has upcoming art classes.
Mystical Meaning of Stones
"Get stoned" with jewelry artist Cristina Norcross as you learn about stones and their meanings that are used in jewelry making. Come away with a useful guide sheet with the most popular stones used in jewelry and their mystical, healing properties. Feel free to bring your own treasured items to have Norcross tell you about the stones used and their influence on your mind and spirit. Norcross will have mystical stones available for purchase.
This free class is from noon to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 20.
Call to reserve your spot (262) 560-4129.
Glazed and Confused?
Join Sue Zimmer of Stone Pony and glaze your own piece of the popular Stone Pony Pottery at Willows Gallery. Pick a piece out, or two and Zimmer will show the technique of glazing. Your piece of art will then be fired for you and be ready to pick up on Feb. 11, right before Valentines Day. !
This class is from 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday Jan. 29.
Cost varies on size of piece you choose to glaze. You must prepay for this class to reserve your clay piece; call (262) 560-4129.
- Video: Oconomowoc High School Hosts Grilling to Give
- Shorehaven in Oconomowoc plans community fitness center for seniors
- Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce to kick off annual nature challege June 1
- The Oconomowoc Art Center gears up for the 2016-17 season
- Memorial Day events muster patrotism in Oconomowoc
- A new Oconomowoc city attorney may soon be found, officials say
- News IQ: May 26, 2016
- In Brief: Legion band, graduation and beautiful yards
- Oconomowoc Police Chief Dave Beguhn to retire by end of year
- Oconomowoc High School wins Outstanding Musical in the state for sixth time in seven years