Blue jeans mean big support for Oconomowoc Food Pantry
True Blue business drive nets five carloads and $800
City of Oconomowoc - Five carloads of nonperishable food items and $800 in cash was donated to the Oconomowoc Food Pantry as a result of Snyder Insurance Agency's annual True Blue Day.
This marked the fifth year the company has recruited area businesses to join them in encouraging employees to wear blue jeans to work on a specific day in exchange for a donation to the Oconomowoc Food Pantry.
The November drive helps the local food bank replenish its shelves during its busiest month.
"Donations like these are the reason why we are able to keep our doors open," Bill Jackson of the Oconomowoc Food Pantry said in a release.
Businesses and their employees from Oconomowoc, Dousman, Ixonia and Nashotah collected food and cash donations on True Blue Day on Nov. 2.
Donations will also be made to the Ixonia and Kettle Moraine food pantries.
Snyder Insurance Agency Inc., Sentry Equipment, First Bank Financial Centre, MSI General Corp., Primary Eye Care Associates, Siligan Containers, Oliver Construction, Three Pillars, Lutheran Homes of Oconomowoc, Ixonia State Bank, Robert Baird and Tim Smith Carpentry LLC all participated in this year's True Blue event.
Snyder Insurance Agency has a long history with the food pantry, serving as a collection location for the last 15 years to offset the volunteer organization's limited hours.
Donations are welcomed year round at Snyder and can be dropped off at the office, 100 S. Main St, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. until noon on Saturdays.
- Kowabunga! Comic book store staying in downtown Oconomowoc with new owners
- OASD gets increase in state aid
- Organization trims trees for members of the military
- Oconomowoc common council to discuss proposed 2015 budget in November
- Five objections outlined to Oconomowoc's controversial Fowler Lake condominium project (1)
- Keith Farley is Oconomowoc Chamber Citizen of the Year
- Recent home sales in Oconomowoc: Oct. 16, 2014
- Oconomowoc Area School District plans Q&A forum for parents about proposed drug policy (1)
- Lions to host 76th annual Halloween parade in Oconomowoc