Chamber's Shop Second Saturday continues Nov . 10
Inn at Pine Terrace hosts next Business After Hours
The Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce launched a Be Local program in September that encourages Oconomowoc residents to buy local within the community whenever possible. One of the new programs in the Be Local effort is a "Shop Second Saturday" event being held throughout Oconomowoc at Be Local businesses.
Saturday, Nov. 10 is the next Shop Second Saturday. Watch for the blue Be Local posters in store/business windows.
The Purpose of this Shop Second Saturday program is threefold: to incentivize residents/customers to purchase from Oconomowoc Be Local businesses; to afford residents/customers opportunities to participate in gift drawings; and to create greater visibility for Be Local.
There will be a gift drawing held after each Second Saturday event. Only customers making purchases in Be Local businesses may complete special prize drawing entry forms. Customers must complete the prize form completely for eligibility. Each monthly winner will be drawn on the
third Wednesday. Each winner will be contacted and their name will be placed on the Chamber website and submitted to area newspapers. All gifts will be donated by the Be Local/Shop Second Saturday participants.
For more information, contact the Oconomowoc Area Chamber of Commerce at (262) 567-2666 or visit www.oconomowoc.org.
Business After Hours
The Oconomowoc Area Chamber and the Inn at Pine Terrace will host the Nov. 14 Business After Hours from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Inn, 351 E. Lisbon Road.
Highlights of the evening include: beverages and hors d'oeuvres, networking with other local businesses, and participating in prize drawings.
Business After Hours are held monthly and provide an atmosphere conducive for business networking. The costs to attend the event are $3 plus a business card for Chamber members, and $5 for non-business members. Reservations deadline is Monday, Oct. 12. To make a reservation or to receive information about Chamber membership, call the Chamber, (262) 567-2666 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oconomowoc's energy contract with WPPI may be extended to 2055
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Awareness Week, Oct. 11-17, works to eliminate stigma (1)
- YMCA at Pabst Farms in Oconomowoc opens doors for free weekend Oct. 17, 18
- News IQ: Oct. 8
- Oconomowoc's aldermanic primary scheduled for Oct. 13
- Dedication ceremony planned for Veterans Memorial Park in Oconomowoc
- Former Oconomowoc family safe amidst historic South Carolina storms
- The Oconomowoc Area Senior Center will host an ice cream social for the public on Saturday
- Scrapbooking for a cause to be held this weekend at Ben Franklin in Oconomowoc
- Oconomowoc Fire Department to cook up annual pancake breakfast this weekend