Oconomowoc Area School District makes use of old Retzlaff Marine building
Site to be used for storage after OMS is sold
Oconomowoc Area School District- The unassuming building located at 422 Lapham St., is about to take on a new life as the hub of upkeep for the Oconomowoc Area School District.
Purchased by the district for $355,000 from Earl and Jean Retzlaff on Dec. 3, the property is the former home of Retzlaff Marine.
The sale of the former Oconomowoc Middle School to Keystone Development is expected to take place within the next month, causing the district to relocate its maintenance department from the Summit Avenue property.
With the exception of the Haunted High fundraisers held during the Halloween season for the last four years, the middle school has been closed since June 2008.
The new property includes a 5,000-square-foot maintenance shop, built in 1985, and is located on 1.5 acres of land, approximately three blocks north of Oconomowoc High School and centrally located among the eight schools in the district.
The OASD maintenance department is responsible for lawn care, snow removal, athletic field setups and landscaping for all OASD schools.
The department services and maintains 21 district vehicles, lawn equipment, snow plows, skid loaders, tractors, and more. Exterior bins for temporary stockpiles of wood chips and topsoil will be added at the site.
In addition to the maintenance building, the property also includes three rental units, including two single family homes and a wood shop.
All three units are currently leased out, generating rental income of $1,650 per month.
The district has owned rental units in past, including a single family home on the Clark farm which was demolished in 2007 during construction of Nature Hill Intermediate School.
The property will be in full operation in January 2013.
- Fowler Lake Village developer addresses concerns expressed by residents
- Oconomowoc common council discusses boat launch relocation options
- Election 2014: State Senate District 13 Voter's Guide
- Oconomowoc Common Council hears from Fowler Lake Village supporters
- Arts calendar presented for Oconomowoc
- The OHS Players to stage 'Singin' in the Rain'
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 38 Voter's Guide
- Delafield garbage decision may be delayed
- Conservative, liberal clash in Wisconsin 38th Assembly District
- In Brief: Area students to perform in honors music concert