Oconomowoc Area School District makes use of old Retzlaff Marine building
Site to be used for storage after OMS is sold
Oconomowoc Area School District- The unassuming building located at 422 Lapham St., is about to take on a new life as the hub of upkeep for the Oconomowoc Area School District.
Purchased by the district for $355,000 from Earl and Jean Retzlaff on Dec. 3, the property is the former home of Retzlaff Marine.
The sale of the former Oconomowoc Middle School to Keystone Development is expected to take place within the next month, causing the district to relocate its maintenance department from the Summit Avenue property.
With the exception of the Haunted High fundraisers held during the Halloween season for the last four years, the middle school has been closed since June 2008.
The new property includes a 5,000-square-foot maintenance shop, built in 1985, and is located on 1.5 acres of land, approximately three blocks north of Oconomowoc High School and centrally located among the eight schools in the district.
The OASD maintenance department is responsible for lawn care, snow removal, athletic field setups and landscaping for all OASD schools.
The department services and maintains 21 district vehicles, lawn equipment, snow plows, skid loaders, tractors, and more. Exterior bins for temporary stockpiles of wood chips and topsoil will be added at the site.
In addition to the maintenance building, the property also includes three rental units, including two single family homes and a wood shop.
All three units are currently leased out, generating rental income of $1,650 per month.
The district has owned rental units in past, including a single family home on the Clark farm which was demolished in 2007 during construction of Nature Hill Intermediate School.
The property will be in full operation in January 2013.
- Two OASD board members face three challenges in primary election
- Oconomowoc school administrators testify in support of making school shooting threats a felony
- Freeway, ramp closures coming soon along Highway 67 in Oconomowoc
- Gas leak that caused evacuations of seven homes blamed on vehicle striking a meter
- Oconomowoc High School Players present the senior directed show 'Almost, Maine'
- In brief: Recycling, chili
- Upcoming events
- Disney's 'The Little Mermaid JR' opening soon at The New Theatre on Main in Oconomowoc
- Music event at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc results in 23 arrests, felony charges (10)
- First ever Lake Country Film Festival to feature work created by area high school students